***Outriders Console Edition Thread***

Soldato
Only just started yesterday, but quit due to server issues.

Is the world free roam, I was very early in the campaign playing solo but It didn't feel like I could go off and explore, perhaps I was in the prologue still.

Soldato
OP
Only just started yesterday, but quit due to server issues.

Is the world free roam, I was very early in the campaign playing solo but It didn't feel like I could go off and explore, perhaps I was in the prologue still.

No its quite linear. Its not "open world". However once you get so far you can fast travel to previously visited regions to explore but there isn't really anything to see other than new battle areas that open up for side quests.

You can just run around and re-clear enemies out of areas you have already been to in order to earn xp and stuff to help levelling up though. But in terms of new things to see and exploring - you are only going to get that by picking up side quests and progressing the story. Its not at all anything like Skyrim or other such open world games where there's tons of stuff off the beaten track to discover. Everything in Outriders is scripted and linear.

Soldato
No its quite linear. Its not "open world". However once you get so far you can fast travel to previously visited regions to explore but there isn't really anything to see other than new battle areas that open up for side quests.

You can just run around and re-clear enemies out of areas you have already been to in order to earn xp and stuff to help levelling up though. But in terms of new things to see and exploring - you are only going to get that by picking up side quests and progressing the story. Its not at all anything like Skyrim or other such open world games where there's tons of stuff off the beaten track to discover. Everything in Outriders is scripted and linear.

Thanks for that.

Soldato
I had a good few hour on this tonight with two friends. It’s definitely a game that must be played in coop, the synergy and team play is really interesting.

Game pass once again made getting everyone onto the same game effortless.

Eliminates that risk too where a friend encourages to buy a game you aren't sure about only to drop it after a few weeks

Soldato
Hmm dudes getting kinda tough but getting some nice Legendary drops, about 1/4 through world level 14 now. Just need to stay alive as dying can wipe a good chunk of World level .

Soldato
OP
Hmm dudes getting kinda tough but getting some nice Legendary drops, about 1/4 through world level 14 now. Just need to stay alive as dying can wipe a good chunk of World level .

Hmmm. I didn't know you lost world tier progress when you died. Totally missed that! :eek:

No wonder tier 6 is taking me ages to get through (I've died a whole bunch of times).

Good to know - i better stop messing about! Lol :p

Man of Honour
Hmm took me 12 mins for the chem plant expedition(Teir 5)My build kinda slow :o

Indeed, didn’t think/know about this with my current tank build. Going to respec into a higher damage skill tree. That said, they’ve started nerfing skills, so who knows where it’ll all end up in a few weeks time.

Man of Honour
Are you all playing by yourselves? All you solo players should get together and play in a group, it's a far more rewarding (and challenging) game that way in my experience.

Soldato
Yeah playing solo, kinda struggling with Expeditions Tier 10, not so much doing the raid but doing it quick enough. Ones with snipers in are particularly rage inducing. :mad::D

About 69k Firepower, 56k Anomaly atm

Soldato
I much prefer the division but that's mainly for the more real world setting and it looks great. Also I didn't get annihilated playing solo like I did on this.

Soldato
I much prefer the division but that's mainly for the more real world setting and it looks great. Also I didn't get annihilated playing solo like I did on this.

You just need to learn what skills are best, how to move and best arrange your gear.

I'm a massive Division fan but this plays very differently even though it's kind of set up the same with the cover system.

Soldato
You just need to learn what skills are best, how to move and best arrange your gear.

I'm a massive Division fan but this plays very differently even though it's kind of set up the same with the cover system.

Yeah I'll try another class. The Pyro has this flame wave skill but you stand up to cast it so you get pelted with damage to cast it. I do also suck as I've noted but this is a game I'd be way better at with kb and mouse.
:)

Probs the division is why I suck, I can't just hunker down here and snipe people as frequent grenades and melee enemies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom