• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Soldato
OP
I've moved this card to a different pc and it's point blank refusing to boot some of the time. The LEDs on the ram light up but no fans spin or any other signs of life. I've managed to get it to boot by selecting PCI-E Gen 2.0. this is on a gigabyte b450m dsh3. I've tried the two most recent bios versions and both are the same. Any ideas?
Thanks

Associate
https://i.imgur.com/xOEYcRe.jpg

Many thanks to all the staff at overclockers for supplying most of the parts used in my new build, particularly the key parts of the Ryzen 5 5600 and the Sapphire Nitro 6700xt. I was fortunate that the voucher I got was for a 6700xt that fit my build, just...

Managed to do some tweaking tonight, so now both CPU and GPU are undervolted. Probably saving myself about 40W overall. Also made minor adjustments to the fan curve so runs 5 or 6 degrees cooler without much increase to the noise.

I was planning on building with a 6800, but with everything going on I am very happy with my build, especially since the 6700xt is such a massive upgrade over my old HD 7950. Possibly only thing left to do is change out my old Noctua case fans for something in black and maybe 140mm.

Soldato
https://i.imgur.com/xOEYcRe.jpg

Many thanks to all the staff at overclockers for supplying most of the parts used in my new build, particularly the key parts of the Ryzen 5 5600 and the Sapphire Nitro 6700xt. I was fortunate that the voucher I got was for a 6700xt that fit my build, just...

Managed to do some tweaking tonight, so now both CPU and GPU are undervolted. Probably saving myself about 40W overall. Also made minor adjustments to the fan curve so runs 5 or 6 degrees cooler without much increase to the noise.

I was planning on building with a 6800, but with everything going on I am very happy with my build, especially since the 6700xt is such a massive upgrade over my old HD 7950. Possibly only thing left to do is change out my old Noctua case fans for something in black and maybe 140mm.

congratz :) always a joy when parts hit a regular user instead of a mining farm.

Soldato
What are other peoples cards boosting too, mine constantly holds 2650 in all games and will boost as high as 2790.

This is the saphire nitro card at stock setting, seems to be a good sample.

It sits around 2400 I have seen it hit about 2465ish. No tweaks at all just out of the box and and in, mine is the Powercolor Fighter though so I would expect more like stock clocks not the higher ones people are getting from the Sapphire Nitro. That seems like a large difference though to be honest, but then the clockspeeds are very high on these in the first place I suppose.

Associate
just learned a valuable leason dont turn on SAM with my intel system had to reset the bios to get video back

will do some reading before I attempt again

Soldato
just learned a valuable leason dont turn on SAM with my intel system had to reset the bios to get video back

will do some reading before I attempt again
haha, I just did something similar. I had an old USB with a cleaned-up image of windows I wanted to install, problem was it was using MBR so I switched on CSM in the bios and lost video output completely on my 6700xt.

Associate
haha, I just did something similar. I had an old USB with a cleaned-up image of windows I wanted to install, problem was it was using MBR so I switched on CSM in the bios and lost video output completely on my 6700xt.

same result It was a moment of panic

the missus is upset the computer doesnt heat up the kitchen anymore as it is

Associate
hows everyones coil whine? - Im noticing quite a degree of coil whine. Tested it with furmark, heaven, state of decay 2 (game).

Soldato
Not that I have noticed from my PC Fighter, I do use a sound deadened case though which makes it hard to notice (I know this as I had coil whine on my old card when it was pushing high fps).

Associate
Had a but of a problem with AMD driver timing out after installing a Nitro+ (Event ID 4101: "Amdkmdap driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered"). Couldn't ever get all the way through a 3DMark benchmark. Switching off the memory overclock (i.e. so running the memory at the max CPU rated speed [2133], not the memory rated speed [3000]) solved the problem - memory seemed fine (it passed memtest86), it was on the motherboard QVL but clearly there was something causing an issue.
Odd a memory issue should impact GPU, but just glad it's solved.

Associate
Had a but of a problem with AMD driver timing out after installing a Nitro+ (Event ID 4101: "Amdkmdap driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered"). Couldn't ever get all the way through a 3DMark benchmark. Switching off the memory overclock (i.e. so running the memory at the max CPU rated speed [2133], not the memory rated speed [3000]) solved the problem - memory seemed fine (it passed memtest86), it was on the motherboard QVL but clearly there was something causing an issue.
Odd a memory issue should impact GPU, but just glad it's solved.

Hey maybe you got my issue,
My mem passed mem test too but wouldn't finish time spy at xmp, so I figured out - 1 chip would finish time spy xmp other wouldn't. Something is up with my one dimm, maybe check yours out.
Previously I was also getting strange crashes too, I still havnt fully tested my system yet with my 6700 xt been busy, work, easter etc...

Associate
Not that I have noticed from my PC Fighter, I do use a sound deadened case though which makes it hard to notice (I know this as I had coil whine on my old card when it was pushing high fps).

Ya I'm not sure I can live with mine (coil whine, quite high my case is a corsair 5000x so only semi silent). And without the side on its quite annoying.

Associate
hows everyones coil whine? - Im noticing quite a degree of coil whine. Tested it with furmark, heaven, state of decay 2 (game).

near silent to be honest a tiny tiny bit

but none of the fans in my case even make a noise hell the sapphire doesnt even seem to make a noise

Back
Top Bottom