*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Soldato
PXL-20210320-135625538-MP.jpg

New house, new desk. Got a lot of work to do on the cabling yet, but it's great to finally have some space. At the last place I was crammed in to the corner of the living room, using a small IKEA dining table as a desk.

Last edited:
Associate
itched the stand and wall mounted the panel ... and a new lick of paint.
Hey man, I have a LG34GK950F (Basically the same monitor as your Alienware one i think), I have tried a wall mounted arm and a desk arm and after a while (maybe a month or so) the Weight of the monitor makes it fall and point downwards (I checked what weight it could hold before purchasing). Was wondering which one you have for your monitor and how it was fairing so far?

Also if anyone has any recommendations of wall mounts for a 34" Curved Ultrawide would be awesome as had to revert back to the original stand due to mounting failures :(

I'm guessing I should look for a heavy duty one? As because the monitor is curved it might make it 'feel' heavier on the mount than the actual weight on the box?

Cheers

Soldato
Revised my setup again to make it more workable for capturing game footage from console and also streaming (work still to be done on that front but getting there).

My wife now has the 34" Ultrawide which makes more sense for her WFH, and I have pinched her 1080p 240Hz AW monitor to sit alongside my 1440p 144hz Dell monitor (previously she only had the AW monitor whilst I had the Dell setup vertically alongside the UW).

RtcS1ZIl.jpg

Also putting my 3950X to decent use:

k8MHxU9l.jpg

DaVinci seems to peg the CPU at around 50% usage but across only half the cores whilst exporting (I stupidly didn't look to see what it was doing during scrubbing - I don't have the paid version of DaVinci so GPU acceleration isn't enabled from memory).

Now I just need to sort out the Mic situation and get an enclosure for the HD's I have lying around (or build a NAS) to expand my storage options.

Soldato
Thanks, The speakers are really old and I've just been using 2 of them and the sub for years! I actually got them from ocuk back when they used citylink after getting outbid on some on ebay and for whareever reason I've never replaced them probably 16 years ago now.

Back
Top Bottom