Wireless headset

Soldato
I'm looking for a new wireless headset for gaming, music while I work, and WFH use (e.g. Discord/Zoom meetings).

Currently have a set of wired HyperX Cloud 2, and whilst I'm relatively happy with them, obviously better quality would be preferred if possible in budget.

Need to be closed back as my PC is in the living room and my partner will often be in there watching TV or with crying baby, so need to be able to drown out the noise a bit.

Budget is max £200.

So far I've been looking at:

Steelseries Arctis 7/9
Creative Virtuoso SE
Steelseries Arctis Pro (there's one in the B-Grade section I'm tempted by)

Or sticking with the HyperX Cloud 2 (or the Flight are on sale atm)

Any other/better suggestions? I looked at the stickied thread, but they all seem to be wired and/or open back (or don't have a mic).

Thanks!

Associate
I can recommend the Steelseries Pro's, they sound good, comfortable, get a good 8 hours on the batteries and the hot swappable batteries are a billy bonus for a keeping you going. The people i game with tell me the mic is a lot better than my old wired steelseries 9's.

Soldato
OP
Thanks - yeah the swappable batteries is a big selling point on those

As another option, I've found some used, (but look in very good condition, boxed, including all accessories) Audeze Mobius for just under £200. While slightly dubious of buying used, this seems a very good price as these retail for double that and review very well (including quite a few mentions on here) - would they be a better option than the ones I've listed?

Associate
I've had the G933 for years and it's pretty rock solid, so i can only imagine the 935 is as good if not better. You can turn off all the LEDs in the control panel which is nice. They are quite a bulky headset though!

Associate
Thanks - yeah the swappable batteries is a big selling point on those

As another option, I've found some used, (but look in very good condition, boxed, including all accessories) Audeze Mobius for just under £200. While slightly dubious of buying used, this seems a very good price as these retail for double that and review very well (including quite a few mentions on here) - would they be a better option than the ones I've listed?
I looked at the audeze, I'm pretty sure I saw the mobius's for around £280. By all accounts they sound better than the pro's but functionally over sounding a little bit better won me over.

Associate
Hardware Canucks just did a review on YouTube of some wireless headsets might be with a quick watch

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I got the B grade Arctis pros after having my offer accepted, really happy with them, sound is great, the mic is apparently much better (according to work colleagues on discord) and no more cable for my son/cats to pull on :D

Associate
Cats, i can relate to that; the amount of cables they have played with over the years...

How is the surround sound / software app? Positional audio good in COD etc?

Soldato
OP
The app is relatively simple, but the surround seems pretty good. To be honest, I haven't actually had a chance to play many games since I got it, but had a few rounds of PUBG and felt I could pinpoint gunfire better, with the Hyperx Cloud 2 I had before, sometimes I found it difficult to tell if shots were coming from directly in front or behind, but the steelseries was a lot clearer

Back
Top Bottom