LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Does anyone run one of these with a 60cm deep desk? I am concerned about the distance and playing FPS games. I can wall mount but don't want it to be too close. I have a 65" C9 in the bedroom, so know how gorgeous the display is.

Associate
Also, I have RTX3080 so will HDMI 2.1 it. If I add another Samsung Q950T Soundbar, will my PC pass Atmos to the TV and back out over EARC please?

Soldato
Does anyone run one of these with a 60cm deep desk? I am concerned about the distance and playing FPS games. I can wall mount but don't want it to be too close. I have a 65" C9 in the bedroom, so know how gorgeous the display is.
I tried and didn't get on with a 60cm desk, so wall mounted the TV and swapped to a 80cm desk and now pleased with my set up

Associate

Wall mounted with 60cm desk.

Associate
I have a friend who works for RS, and will ask that very question tomorrow as I want one - will let you know.
According to the HUKD thread RS are not price matching as the warranties are not comparable. Hope you have better luck through your friend.

R3X

R3X

Soldato

Id recommend if you can wait for the 42" or 31" oled (hopefully this fall), the issue is we were all forced somewhat by LG to go 48" since it was the only size they offer but for gaming or up close surfing or viewing, good luck with your eye health. You can manage it with an deep desk, eye comfort mode and take regular breaks but the bottom line is if an 42" or 31" was available many would Not own the 48" including myself.

LG imo should have released the 31" and 42" first, but the TV market appears to be 55" and above and living room only when the whole world has been asking for smaller OLEDS for decades, hopefully end of this year we get those 31" and 42".

Man of Honour
I think wall mounting with a deep desk will be optimum, as has been mentioned above. Even on my 88cm desk, bopping my current TV on it to get ‘the gist’ of how it would look made me think it was way, way too big and would have to be wall mounted.

Do also be conscious of reflections as it was like a mirror with my glossy panel TV on my desk, due to a side window.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yeah I think 48” is too big for my desk. Thanks for the advice. I’ll grab the Alienware 38” until a 42” OLED comes out

38" alienware price tag at 1.3k is not really appealing, the issue is no one has any concrete info we could have 42" LG oleds announced within the next few months even, they have simply said its coming this year with no ETA. Also Sony and others can produce their own 42" oleds also.

If you can make do id try it or if you feel you could sell it and recoup cost guess that is another option. Also qvc got the 48" CX for £998 with 1 year warranty still in stock.

You maybe still able to jumble stuff around here or resell either LG or dell to go for better later on but its your choice.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
QVC 48CX @ £998 still in stock but the catch is 1 year warranty, cant see on their if you can get any kind of warranty apart from 4 easy instalments of £249.

Soldato
42" oled would be awesome

For me personally, I don't actually want to use an OLED screen for anything other than gaming & media. Now that I'm used to 48" with a 800mm desk then I'd see a 42" OLED as a bit of a downgrade.

I do miss my Acer 34a for first person gaming so an OLED ultra wide would be amazing but I think probably a bit too niche.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
42" oled would be awesome

according to one german site this could be the 42" oled, but its not confirmed

Lg-oled-ex-tv.jpg

I think an 31" oled for surfing/desktop use and on the side of that an 42" oled for gaming/movies would be perfect for my case or if you just have one even an 42" oled for doing it all.

Permabanned
For me personally, I don't actually want to use an OLED screen for anything other than gaming & media. Now that I'm used to 48" with a 800mm desk then I'd see a 42" OLED as a bit of a downgrade.

I do miss my Acer 34a for first person gaming so an OLED ultra wide would be amazing but I think probably a bit too niche.

same already used to my 48 on a 800mm desk, but was wondering if a 42 would be much more picture quality in terms of PPI , can always move the unit closer a little bit if needed, but im a happy camper now , gaming and watching movies so impresive, cant ever go back to isp panels hahahaha

Soldato
I use my 48 and switch between that and my ultra wide which I use for work.

just wondering if anyone has any ideas on why when I change monitor that it doesn’t switch to 10bit 4.4.4, I have to reboot to get this.

im on a Radeon card, it’s a minor annoyance, but would be great to bypass to stop having to reboot when I change over.

Soldato
I use my 48 and switch between that and my ultra wide which I use for work.

just wondering if anyone has any ideas on why when I change monitor that it doesn’t switch to 10bit 4.4.4, I have to reboot to get this.

im on a Radeon card, it’s a minor annoyance, but would be great to bypass to stop having to reboot when I change over.

When I ran this with another monitor then I couldn't have them like a normal dual setup e.g. when I switched the OLED on then the signal on the x34 was lost. I didn't get to properly troubleshoot that as I went single monitor but I mention it because I think it does act weird when used in dual setups.

Back
Top Bottom