US: The Mandalorian

Soldato
This for me. Not withstanding that when you're working for a family focused channel you just don't even go down the "Nazi's didn't do all the bad things" route irrespective of how ambiguous your comments are.

Alternatively you could try telling the truth about what she said, you know the bit where she said that the Nazi Government had turned the population against the Jews, making their neighbours hate them so much that they attacked them in street, which then gave the Nazi Government the remit to use the Nazi soldiers to round up Jews - you know the "Nazi's are bad" stuff she actually said rather than whatever rubbish you made up.

Soldato
Alternatively you could try telling the truth about what she said, you know the bit where she said that the Nazi Government had turned the population against the Jews, making their neighbours hate them so much that they attacked them in street, which then gave the Nazi Government the remit to use the Nazi soldiers to round up Jews - you know the "Nazi's are bad" stuff she actually said rather than whatever rubbish you made up.

Alternatively you could try telling the truth.

wAW7y1A.png

She quite clearly says "Jews were beaten in the streets, not by soldiers but by their neighbors....even by children" which may just be poorly written English but the key words are "not by", she's absolving Nazi soldiers of the described wrong doing, and blaming children.

I doubt she reads this forum though, she wont have sex with you for white knighting her.

Last edited:
Soldato
Alternatively you could try telling the truth.

wAW7y1A.png

She quite clearly says "Jews were beaten in the streets, not by soldiers but by their neighbors....even by children" Which may just be poor written English but the key words are "not by", shes absolving Nazi soldiers of the described wrong doing, and blaming children.
You are likely correct in that it was more clumsy language than a major faux pas. I know when I first read what she'd said I got a sense there might have been much more going on behind the scenes. Maybe a culmination with other things they weren't happy about why she was given the chop but over this one statement, where her intent was more to highlight reasons NOT to give into hate, it seemed a bit harsh. Afterall if I paraphrase the green one, 'fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering' - which is all she was really trying to say. ;)

Though from a calibre of the acting roster point of view it is a good decision; even Carl 'Action Jackson' Weathers was better.

Soldato
You are likely correct in that it was more clumsy language than a major faux pas. I know when I first read what she'd said I got a sense there might have been much more going on behind the scenes. Maybe a culmination with other things they weren't happy about why she was given the chop but over this one statement, where her intent was more to highlight reasons NOT to give into hate, it seemed a bit harsh. Afterall if I paraphrase the green one, 'fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering' - which is all she was really trying to say. ;)

Though from a calibre of the acting roster point of view it is a good decision; even Carl 'Action Jackson' Weathers was better.

Well my original post started with "notwithstanding", I don't really care what she said on twitter regardless of how stupid it was. I think you're probably right though, she presented them with an easy out.

The main point of my post was she's a terrible, wooden actor playing a role I personally couldn't see the sense of.

Tbh I'm more surprised that the people defending her post and "opinion" hadn't spent the last two seasons complaining about why the series needed a token strong female character and trying to get the word woke into their posts as often as they could.

Soldato
Am I the only one which found Disney’s statement pretty odd? It was worded like she wasn’t even going to be in S3 anyway. I’d expect it to be well into pre production also already.

Caporegime
Am I the only one which found Disney’s statement pretty odd? It was worded like she wasn’t even going to be in S3 anyway. I’d expect it to be well into pre production also already.

There's talk that Jon Favreau got involved that led led her apology message a few days ago. But she couldn't resist flapping her gums again so got **** canned. Supposedly they had been looking a reason to get rid of her from around November last year.

Soldato
I'm sure she can sleep at night knowing she didn't bend the knee. All stated because she refused to put She/her in her bio like Pedro did who's brother is trans.

She's still refusing to lie down lol

Soldato
You are likely correct in that it was more clumsy language than a major faux pas.

I am not sure. If she genuinely mixed up words why has she not apologised or corrected her statement.

she s actually tweeted or said something along the lines that never apologise...

she s not the sharpest tool in the box. She should not get herself involved in publicly displaying her political or whatever racial/gender leaning. She s not good at expressing herself and definitely not able to talk about issues other than just shout at people and telling her opinion and believe she is right and almighty.

whatever film she s now got herself into with that conservative channel, it will be horrendous to watch. But I suspect the hill billies will love it.

Soldato
After her latest interview seems she lost her job well before that Holocaust tweet after refusing to sign an apology Disney wrote.

You guys seems to be attacking her but have you mentioned the online abuse, bulling she was received for not putting she/her in a bio before Beep boop boo.

Seems she has more nuts than most in here.

Misogyny could to mind :D

Soldato
What's more important, putting your personal views on social media or keeping your career?

Whether a McDonalds worker or a Hollywood star - keep your personal views to yourself on social media. In this instance it just kept spiraling uncontrollably.

Associate
Indeed.

Maybe she did vote for Trump. Maybe, in the days following the election (when she made reference to election fraud on Twitter) she believed fraud took place. So what? At the time, that idea hadn't been tested in court, and there were pundits across the American right entertaining the possibility. It's not as if she was posting telling people to storm the Capitol and overthrow the government.

Seems like all she's guilty of is potentially having dim political views and refusing to push gender politics. OMG - sack her!

It's almost as bad as the campaign to get Danielle Panabaker sacked from The Flash for "racism".
100% with you on this.

Associate
Could we get back to talking about the show? Should she be recast? Removed and a new character introduced?
Drop the character. I don't see the point in trying to rebuild that which can be replaced. The character was pretty 2 dimensional in my opinion. Maybe bring back the droid voiced by Richard Ayoade. Lots to work with there considering Mando's prejudice against droids and the fact it's still on the ship.

Soldato
Drop the character. I don't see the point in trying to rebuild that which can be replaced. The character was pretty 2 dimensional in my opinion. Maybe bring back the droid voiced by Richard Ayoade. Lots to work with there considering Mando's prejudice against droids and the fact it's still on the ship.

Agreed on the first point, they could just write her out easily as they left it at the end of S2.

You also may have missed a scene at the end of season two. ;)

Soldato
Just watched both series over the Easter weekend , loved it .

Star Buck in Star Wars - had a massive crush on Kara Thrace in BSG and she returned in 4K Lycra on my brand new LG 65 CX. I almost did a sex wee :D

Back
Top Bottom