Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Well I stand corrected then. How does it work out in percentages do you know? Do more blacks arrested die in custody as a percentage compared to whites?

In the USA? I don't know. I'd expect it's probably the other way around (as it is in the UK) but I don't know.

I'm not sure where to even begin getting such detailed data in a reliable way from another country or even if it's available. Is it gathered at a federal level or is it done state by state or even more locally? If so, do all the different data holders use the same definitions and standards? What about people killed by the police before being arrested? Does that count as a death in custody? How about people killed by someone else in defence during a crime? Does that count as a death in custody? How about people who commit suicide by cop? People who commit suicide to avoid being arrested? People who die in an accident while trying to avoid being arrested? Then there are issues regarding situations in which a person dies when clearly in custody. Even that's not wholly clear-cut. Being killed by the authorities while in custody, being killed by another person who is also in custody and committing suicide in custody are very different things, but they're all death in custody.

And that's all in addition to the issue of why all correlations other than "race" should be ignored and also the fact that correlation is not causation.

It's easy to manufacture numbers to "justify" racism, especially when those numbers can be completely baseless and even the opposite of true regardless of how they're spun. Your original statement is an example of that - it was absolutely the opposite of true but you believed it without even thinking to check because you've been conditioned to believe numbers that "justify" fashionable racism. We all have been, of course. Nobody is immune to good propaganda.(EDIT to make myself clear - in this context, by "good" I mean "well crafted, effective at its intended purpose", not "ethically good").

It's much harder to find the truth.

Caporegime

What a guy!

The police chief questioned the need to detain Floyd at all, saying that it would not be normal to arrest a person for passing a counterfeit bill because “it’s not a violent felony”.

What about the copious amount of options he was in possession of?

Crimes Involving the Use of Counterfeit Currency
The use of counterfeit currency can violate both federal and state law.

Federal Crimes
Under federal law, the use or attempted use of counterfeit currency is illegal if the person has the intent to defraud the recipient. A conviction for the offense carries up to 20 years in prison and a fine.

A conviction for producing counterfeit currency similarly carries a maximum sentence of 20 years imprisonment and a fine, as does a conviction for merely possessing counterfeit currency.

Caporegime
What a guy!

What about the copious amount of options he was in possession of?

You know the police are responsible for local state laws, right? You've cited a federal crime there.

I don't think anyone is going to call the FBI in for a dodgy $20 bill that Floyd didn't even seem aware he used.

Anyway, so far I tend to believe the chief of police rather than some armchair 'experts' on a UK PC hardware forum.

Caporegime
You know the police are responsible for local state laws, right? You've cited a federal crime there.

I don't think anyone is going to call the FBI in for a dodgy $20 bill that Floyd didn't even seem aware he used.

Anyway, so far I tend to believe the chief of police rather than some armchair 'experts' on a UK PC hardware forum.

It says both state and federal law.

And what says you re the drugs? Free pass?

Caporegime
They didn't find drugs on him. Just that he seemed intoxicated.

Behind the wheel of a car? He had a lethal amount of drugs in his system.

Screenshot-20210406-070944-Chrome.jpg

Imagine he sets off and ploughs into some poor guy or girl.

Caporegime
But at no point did they arrest him for that.

They literally said "you are under arrest for passing counterfeit bills."

They can't then claim they were following police procedure in a drugs arrest, when they arrested him for the counterfeit money.

And if they did know he was on something, I doubt a knee to the neck would be a sensible.option after you've already cuffed a man.

Caporegime

They can't then claim they were following police procedure in a drugs arrest, when they arrested him for the counterfeit money.

And if they did know he was on something, I doubt a knee to the neck would be a sensible.option after you've already cuffed a man.

Yeah but the police chief says, what don't arrest people for counterfeiting money charges.

But how could they NOT arrest someone with that amount of intoxication behind the wheel of a car?

Were they just going to let him go? You have to view the circumstances in totality.

Soldato

Wrong again.

Once they arrest him for the counterfeit bills.
They are then allowed to search the car and people in it for anything else.

Permabanned
Unfortunately the police chief, by firing Chauvin almost immediately after the incident, without having conducted an internal investigation, is now no longer a credible witness. Anything but a guilty verdict here will massively compromise his credibility. He has too much invested on a personal level in the villification of Chauvin to be impartial.

Soldato
So according to different camera angles, namely that of officer J Kueng, Chauvin's knee wasn't on his neck, but rather on his left shoulder blade. It's also been confirmed that Hypoxia is likely to be why he couldn't breathe and one of the reasons fentynyl is so dangerous.

Soldato
And yet the defense don't seem to be bringing this up in questioning? Maybe because its not as clear cut as your making it out to be

It's because he already said.
And if the defence would ask at this time. The prosecution would just say "asked and answered"
They could recall him.

I see the lying toe rag come trouble maker sharpton is there.

And the key witness Morries Hall's attorney wants a deal before testifying.

Soldato
So according to different camera angles, namely that of officer J Kueng, Chauvin's knee wasn't on his neck, but rather on his left shoulder blade. It's also been confirmed that Hypoxia is likely to be why he couldn't breathe and one of the reasons fentynyl is so dangerous.

Where the knee was going to be the decider I think. They might have taught them to kneel on the shoulders or head, but wouldn't on the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom