Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
Haha. You’re a true petrol head acme! There are worse things to be woken up by I guess :)

Yeah sometimes it does worry me because where I live it’s silent, was literally sitting in the hot tub last night in silence and all I could hear was an owl and a cow mooing from time to time. Daytime is a different story though as the farmers tractors must be open headers as he pelts them up and down the lane outside our house and you truly hear those and our neighbour next door is not bothered by cars at all but he makes quite a lot of noise as is a builder and his workshop is in his garden and most the other neighbours are keen gardners so will be making noise and as such no one seems to mind though there is quite a few nice cars about so probably why but I do try not to be starting or running cars in unfriendly hours and if I need to I try to drive gently until away from home at which point I then put my foot down and wake the dead. :D

Associate
Yeah sometimes it does worry me because where I live it’s silent, was literally sitting in the hot tub last night in silence and all I could hear was an owl and a cow mooing from time to time. Daytime is a different story though as the farmers tractors must be open headers as he pelts them up and down the lane outside our house and you truly hear those and our neighbour next door is not bothered by cars at all but he makes quite a lot of noise as is a builder and his workshop is in his garden and most the other neighbours are keen gardners so will be making noise and as such no one seems to mind though there is quite a few nice cars about so probably why but I do try not to be starting or running cars in unfriendly hours and if I need to I try to drive gently until away from home at which point I then put my foot down and wake the dead. :D
I find tunnels are the ideal location for this. My other half rolls her eyes, but that's about the worst of it :)

Last edited:
Soldato
My E92 330i (N52 engine variant, has proven particularly reliable in two years of ownership, maybe owing to the fact it's hardly moved this past 12 months).

Looking forward to getting it out for a long road trip this year.

zVG2IfW.jpg

Associate
I am now part of the "one of the rare people who actually bought an Alpine rather than a Cayman" club :)

bgUZqL9.jpg

I have yet to see one on the road! Not that I need to - the photo above says it all. Awesome looking car Goates. :)

I adored the Renault A610/Alpine back in the early nineties and this looks epic. I shall start saving.

Soldato
That's lovely. In my eyes, the E92 is one of the best coupe shapes. Side profile is just so good.

@wingman E92 looks lovely too!

Many thanks both! After owning two E46's previously I'm still not sure which shape I prefer, the E46 has that classic look but I feel like the E92 is aging gracefully too.

Another shot from a different angle below. I sometimes wish I'd have spent a bit more for an M Sport LCI but I only paid £3.8k for this two years ago, and I don't believe I'd have lost much if I tried to sell it now, so I'm not too fussed.

Decent amount of spec too, xenons, fully electric and heated sport seats, multifunctional steering wheel, electric folding mirrors, and a weird option numbered S226, which apparently is a sport suspension setting which lowers the ride but not quite to M Sport spec.

As always with 15 year old car with 100k miles there's a few little niggles to sort but none of them detracting from the daily use of the vehicle.

pD0c0Vu.jpg

Soldato
Just making sure my eyes are working. :p
Thanks for confirming. ;)

Can't complain for the price mind!

If it's where I think you're looking, it's because I've polished the passenger door recently, but not yet got round to the rear panel... :D (if you check the reflection on both panels, you'll see where I got bored).

Re price, 100%, have had many ideas this past 12 months to dive into something much more luxurious, but it's pretty comfortable, looks half decent, nippy (if not fast, 0-62 is in the mid 6's), 30mpg on a run, and has been mechanically mostly reliable.

I'd fancy something that does everything better, I'm mostly set on an F10 535i, but absolutely no need to purchase right now as I've done <1,000 miles in 12 months.

Associate
"Needed" a little run around last year and ended up with this... wanted to fly under the radar as much as possible so ended up getting an Astra 1.6T - far cry from the usual, but its actually a heap of fun.

51E6Xwzl.jpg
e7iVSu7l.jpg

Caporegime
If it's where I think you're looking, it's because I've polished the passenger door recently, but not yet got round to the rear panel... :D (if you check the reflection on both panels, you'll see where I got bored).

Re price, 100%, have had many ideas this past 12 months to dive into something much more luxurious, but it's pretty comfortable, looks half decent, nippy (if not fast, 0-62 is in the mid 6's), 30mpg on a run, and has been mechanically mostly reliable.

I'd fancy something that does everything better, I'm mostly set on an F10 535i, but absolutely no need to purchase right now as I've done <1,000 miles in 12 months.

Makes sense :p

To me it looks like the door and front wing are a different colour to the rest, almost like its two cars spliced together. But dark gray can be totally transformed with a good polish, so I'm sure it will all look the same when you're finished. :D

Astra 1.6T - far cry from the usual, but its actually a heap of fun.

Uncertain nodding

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Was a little worried about taking the Corvette to JP Exhaust early this morning as it was around 1c been an early start to get it there for around 07:30am, but thankfully it was dry and the Corvette drove absolutely flawless in the weather, also happy to confirm the underside is still bone dry, seems I solved the leaks.

Couple of pictures, excuse the morning sun glare:

jp1.jpg jp2.jpg jp3.jpg

I got a call around 9am saying we have a problem, we have locked the keys in the car, so had to pop down with a spare set, of course the factory turbo mufflers were removed so they started it up once they figured out how too with no mufflers, essentially straight pipes:

Might not be too everyone taste but I love it, as its got that very typical cammy sound old V8's have and I can cruise with a rumble and its not obnoxious at all or I can floor it and wake the dead. :D

Of course the finished product will be every so marginally quieter with a little more tone, but the mufflers going on are essentially straight pipes, keep the tail pipes the same as factory, just a tad longer.

Back
Top Bottom