What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Washed a couple of them.

xRmqwogh.jpg

DbzxPaJh.jpg

Also took the Celica for a nice long drive. Was going to take some pictures of it all covered in dust, with a countryside backdrop, but my phone died... :(

Associate
Manufacturers like to make it a ballache. I'm glad I got out of doing it 3 years ago. Ford seem enjoy doing thinks like "Oh this Focus has a heated screen and Sync but no auto wipers so lets put a screen it that has the Auto Wipers"

glad to see im not the only ex w/s fitter even if im a old one lol

Soldato
Found a dual purpose for the Porter cable DAP - hadn't used it on the car in ages
- polishing up some stainless steel with meguiars #83 on the espresso machine,

annoyingly some mice in the garage had eaten into some of the new foam pads

definitely looks like an interesting cleaning technique for the stainless cooker hood too.

any other ideas ?

Soldato
The law of sod strikes again :D

Spent 4 hours over the weekend washing & waxing the car, & even if I say so myself it looked really good.

Get up this morning & find a generous dumping of sand has been deposited all over it during the night.

Soldato
The law of sod strikes again :D

Spent 4 hours over the weekend washing & waxing the car, & even if I say so myself it looked really good.

Get up this morning & find a generous dumping of sand has been deposited all over it during the night.

Yep same here, washed a couple of days ago with the nice weather, so I washed it this morning to get all that crap off, did the 350z as well!

WOW, well, just after washing the SRT8 and also after 600 miles thought I'd check the catch can and astounded just what crap we all pump back into our air intakes clogging crap up!!!

8Sk564q.jpg

n5yfjYR.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Upgraded the car's infotainment system to Sync 3.4 via a tool as Ford only officially offer 3.0 to my car. All done and working, got a much more modern looking interface and also the latest version of the maps. It runs much faster now, so no idea why Ford won't offer it officially.

Soldato
Got cleaned, wheels on and some more stickers. ARB kit needs to go on, B6 Bilstein shocks on the rear, poly exhaust hangers and some more orange hints and she's ready for her first outing... I think! Or shakedown at least :D
TQ5ms9N.jpg
Bilsteins haven't been shipped yet, but got 2 1ftx5ft rolls of orange through... I should have worked this out better as I don't think it's enough for anything lol I just used one whole roll of it to do that one skirt (don't look too close!) and obviously had a bit of off cuts but nothing useable because I didn't cut it first... I have 3 more rolls on the way. I was testing out an orange sun strip. I think I'll do a carbon/ orange one and then work on the go faster stripes for the whole car and still need to do a really annoying, multi dimensional rear bumper insert, which I think I'll get the wife's hand with. It's looking sweet though!

Associate
Bilsteins haven't been shipped yet, but got 2 1ftx5ft rolls of orange through... I should have worked this out better as I don't think it's enough for anything lol I just used one whole roll of it to do that one skirt (don't look too close!) and obviously had a bit of off cuts but nothing useable because I didn't cut it first... I have 3 more rolls on the way. I was testing out an orange sun strip. I think I'll do a carbon/ orange one and then work on the go faster stripes for the whole car and still need to do a really annoying, multi dimensional rear bumper insert, which I think I'll get the wife's hand with. It's looking sweet though!

Corr put me down for one of those sun strips!

Back
Top Bottom