New Star Trek series - 2017

Caporegime
So it is the script that makes her whisper act?

So they're fighting a massive black hole of sorts? What created it? First period? Chicken pox? Acne?

Associate
I want to like it, but I just can't get on board with her. She plays such a major role in it (lead character kinda does that...) and if you don't like her character, then it's kinda fatal.

A bit like Carrie in Homeland. Once you've seen just how predictably 2D she is, the whole thing gets dull.

I'll watch and I'll hope, and I'll enjoy it to a degree, but I won't be looking forward to it as such.

It might, strangely enough, get better but I doubt it. I have been in love with trek for 50 years ish, I probably won't give up on it. I might just do so with Picard as this is the worst (that I have watched) so far. I did not entertain the cartoon version at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
It might, strangely enough, get better but I doubt it. I have been in love with trek for 50 years ish, I probably won't give up on it. I might just do so with Picard as this is the worst (that I have watched) so far. I did not entertain the cartoon version at all.
The Lower Decks series has actually been the most entertaining and most Trek out of all the new shows.

Caporegime
Why ?

I've never understood this mentality of " i don't like it so i'm going watch it just to bitch", do you believe that we care about your opinion that much that you wasted hours of your life doing something you don't like.

Yes that is exactly what i believe....

The Lower Decks series has actually been the most entertaining and most Trek out of all the new shows.

Yep by a long way. I think that time period is the most "star trek" to me

Soldato
I also enjoyed lower decks. Especially Miles O'Brien finally getting the recognition he deserves after so many punishing seasons in DS9.

The trailer reminded my of the 'Graviton Ellipse' from the VOY episode 'One Small Step', however that would be way too small in comparison to what Stammets was talking about. I'm worried for this season as the quality has been gradually declining and at best, variable. With the other filming constraints no doubt happening I do wonder what we'll get. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom