ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Soldato
It's isn't and It's not going to happen. The CH6 is dead.

There were rumours on OCNet that somebody hacked a Gigabyte X370 board for support, but not sure anything came of it.

The thing is, X370 supports 3x00XT and 3000 series chips, and the 5000 series have the exact same IO die so it should work, its just AMD disabled it to allow its partners to make more money :(

Caporegime
I've seen what looks like an unofficial BIOS for the CH6 but would rather deal with an official one. Would be awesome if I could see through 3 generations of Ryzen CPUs with the same mobo, that was the appeal of buying a decent X370.

Soldato
I've seen what looks like an unofficial BIOS for the CH6 but would rather deal with an official one. Would be awesome if I could see through 3 generations of Ryzen CPUs with the same mobo, that was the appeal of buying a decent X370.

Yeah I have seen that, think it was a hack based on an ASRock or MSI bios, would much rather have a proper release.

Soldato
Oh wow, nice one.

Off to look at some new CPUs, still has the 1700 installed at the moment, did buy a 3800xt which is still in the box so will skip over that.

Associate
Ok I just updated my BIOS thought I would give SAM a try so I disabled CSM enabled above 4G option then set SAM option to auto only options are AUTO and Disabled when I go to my drivers it tells me SAM is using 256mb but it still says not available, using a 3700x and Vega 64 is there some other BIOS option I am missing?

Soldato
Ok I just updated my BIOS thought I would give SAM a try so I disabled CSM enabled above 4G option then set SAM option to auto only options are AUTO and Disabled when I go to my drivers it tells me SAM is using 256mb but it still says not available, using a 3700x and Vega 64 is there some other BIOS option I am missing?
Think vaga cards have to use moded drivers or something, think LtMatt said somting about it in the AMD driver thread. For me it did not work until i used the short-cut button in the BIOS(top-left) to enable ResizeBar.

Associate
Think vaga cards have to use moded drivers or something, think LtMatt said somting about it in the AMD driver thread. For me it did not work until i used the short-cut button in the BIOS(top-left) to enable ResizeBar.

Ok ty. that sucks though thought they all had official support for SAM now I Guess we should just be thankful that we have official BIOS for the 5000series :D

Soldato
Received my 5950x from OCUK, will try the new BIOS and CPU at the weekend hopefully.

I am already running a 3090 so guessing I can also use this Resize Bar functionality?

Soldato
Swapped over to the 5950x, just get Q code 02 and green boot LED but no display and doesnt boot, swapped back to the 1700 and doing the same thing.

Any ideas, I have re-seated the memory but didnt disturb anything apart from the AIO cpu cooler when swapping so a bit strange.

I have done bios reset using the button on the rear, tried safe boot and they all do the same thing, it goes through the Q codes and stops on 02.

EDIT: strange but re-seating the graphics card sorted it, crikey the 3950x is a monster of a CPU, happy with the improvement over my 1700 :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom