Netflix Seaspiracy

Soldato
well - yes, I assume people who posted realised some of the facts have been misrepresented (- thanks for all the fish )
but, poetic license, like for the Crown, Mignonnes, Bridgerton .... but that's their marketting recipe .. roll on The world according to Meghan****

Soldato
This one hit me hard.

In my youth, I used to work in the fish & seafood industry. There was a lot here I already knew about (the fish & prawn farming stuff, the issues with some types of fishing). But seeing it all put together in a single documentary (with other stuff I wasn't aware of) was absolutely unnerving to watch. Fish pie for dinner tonight too :(

I made my peace with meat and fish eating a long long time ago. I've worked as a fishmonger, a butcher, and a chef. But I'm currently writing my thesis in sustainable entrepreneurship, and the research is really starting to rock me. Turns out, ignorance is bliss.

Soldato
I'm giving Cowspiracy a go at the moment. Not really liking it TBH; I'm finding the presentation of facts and figures very manipulative (moreso than Seaspiracy, which also suffered from this problem).

I get that the point is to put people off eating meat on environmental grounds. But they could have been more honest with the numbers and still had a shocking documentary.

Caporegime
(moreso than Seaspiracy, which also suffered from this problem).

I get that the point is to put people off eating meat on environmental grounds. But they could have been more honest with the numbers and still had a shocking documentary.
Can you please provide a source for where you are getting the info from about Seaspiracy's figures?

Back
Top Bottom