• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Ouch, didn't know the 3080's are the worst for back orders... just seen the list, makes sense.

Sorry but the post quoted made it sound like that was the end of heads up... no worries

Should be interesting to see what happens with the 3080ti..
Hopefully @Gibbo will do the 3080ti the same as theses card! Stopping overselling and controlling sales better and stopping back orders...

Associate
Bots can solve captchas and have been able to for a long time. Lots of articles about it if you want to update your beliefs!

Something I learnt a while back trying to deal with spam comments on various websites.

Associate
Can someone tell me what happened to the listings that were on the 3D printer page? For example, a Zotac 3060 Ti gaming twin edge OC was on there. The listing has been removed and not returned to its original home. Also, the page for it doesn't even exist anymore; used the link in my history and got a 404 error.

Associate
Can someone tell me what happened to the listings that were on the 3D printer page? For example, a Zotac 3060 Ti gaming twin edge OC was on there. The listing has been removed and not returned to its original home. Also, the page for it doesn't even exist anymore; used the link in my history and got a 404 error.

That's kind of the point I think. Brief availability, advertised on here, then it disappears when they are all gone. Definitely a much better system that the whole pre-order one IMO.

Soldato

I assume that most, if not all, of the cards from now on will be sold in the same way as the last three drops - i.e listed but requiring a special code to purchase. The 3080 situation has shown what happens when the cards are listed for general sale - they're oversold and backlogged for months. I doubt Gibbo wants a repeat of that.

Associate
I think they are doing their best with the situation as it is. I preordered a 3090 at the end of January and they have had NO deliveries of that card, so I dont think the opportunity to pre order will happen until the supply is sorted.

Associate
I think they are doing their best with the situation as it is. I preordered a 3090 at the end of January and they have had NO deliveries of that card, so I dont think the opportunity to pre order will happen until the supply is sorted.

I find it disturbing how over the course of a few months I've gone from deriding the absurdity of a £1399 3090 to being ready to jump at the chance.

Soldato
Agreed. Every time I look at a product page, I can't help feeling like a hypocrite.

My first choice would be an ITX sized card to go into a build in something like a Velka 3 or J Hack Pure XL. I keep looking at the £400 RTX2060s and feeling tempted, but I absolutely hate myself for it. :(

Associate
I don't think they bothered putting the specific cards that they aren't expecting new ones of back in.

Associate
Boy am I glad I went for a Sapphire 6800 XT back in February, there were a few stock alerts and I debated getting one constantly. After placing the order I even created a web note to cancel it, then flip-flopped again later in the day and spent 30 mins queuing on the phone to OCUK to reverse that. I'm very glad I went through with it, sure I overpaid but then I got back more for my 1080 Ti than it should have been worth and have now happily been gaming on a great card for nearly 2 months. I hope others get a chance to pick these cards up!

Associate
Boy am I glad I went for a Sapphire 6800 XT back in February, there were a few stock alerts and I debated getting one constantly. After placing the order I even created a web note to cancel it, then flip-flopped again later in the day and spent 30 mins queuing on the phone to OCUK to reverse that. I'm very glad I went through with it, sure I overpaid but then I got back more for my 1080 Ti than it should have been worth and have now happily been gaming on a great card for nearly 2 months. I hope others get a chance to pick these cards up!

I've been watching for a 3080, but that seems unlikely to happen, but I have seen a few 6800XT and 6900XT come up over the last month but hesitated on biting... I've got a 1080ti as well and had noticed the resale prices for them are a lot higher than I expected... so an upgrade wouldn't actually be that big an outlay once my 1080ti is sold.

Associate
I've been watching for a 3080, but that seems unlikely to happen, but I have seen a few 6800XT and 6900XT come up over the last month but hesitated on biting... I've got a 1080ti as well and had noticed the resale prices for them are a lot higher than I expected... so an upgrade wouldn't actually be that big an outlay once my 1080ti is sold.

I'm in the same position with my 1080ti, I feel the upgrade urge but can't find anyone with stock! Fingers crossed.

Associate
I'm in the same position with my 1080ti, I feel the upgrade urge but can't find anyone with stock! Fingers crossed.
Looking at GTX 1080Ti Sold prices on the bay, you could easily side grade to the faster 6700XT (which seems much more available) and put pocket money towards a purchase

Associate
Looking at GTX 1080Ti Sold prices on the bay, you could easily side grade to the faster 6700XT (which seems much more available) and put pocket money towards a purchase

I'm after something that support Display Stream Compression to power my monitor (Samsung Odyssey G9), I know anything in the RTX 20xx and 30xx range will do, just not sure about the AMD side of things.

Back
Top Bottom