What is Plusnets network like?

Soldato
I'm currently considering moving to their SIMO £10 a month for 20gb deal.

I know that PlusNet operates on the EE network but will you get the same coverage and speeds as if you were actually an EE customer?

Soldato
I'm not with Plusnet but I am with BT who also uses EE's network, and I get the same speed and coverage as EE customers, so I would imagine Plusnet customers will as well. They're all owned by the BT Group anyway, so in terms of performance it shouldn't be much different.

Soldato
OP
Hmm, thanks for the feedback so far.

Any other recommendations for SIMO deals? Ideally I'm looking for something that is 30 day rolling so it gives me the option to look at contract phones when new ones come out.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
You don't quite get the same coverage as EE as they don't use the 800MHz band which helps for indoor & rural locations. Calls are also not done on the 4G network, it drops to 3G for me soI've had some calls drop and quality wasn't ideal sometimes compared to my old Vodafone sim. I'm an outdoors person but given the pandemic I haven't been anywhere to see how coverage is in more rural places however I've been happy so far.

For me I wanted the cheapest 30 day contract and decided to give it a go. Next time I'd probably pay more to use one of the main networks.

Soldato
I found the plusnet network service was fine, but contrary to their advertising the account and tech support for issues was beyond dire. I'll never give them a penny again regardless of how good their prices can be.

Back
Top Bottom