Race report: 'UK not deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities'

Soldato
Do you agree with (for example) scholarships/bursaries to private schools for people on low incomes?

They discriminate after all.

Beside the point isn't it.

You've stuck to the line that there isn't a downside to the excluded persons when programs exclude them from X jobs.

From your previous posting it seems you're satisfied that the existence of opportunities (toilets!) being available for anyone glosses over the matter.

But that is bizzare to say alongside saying there's no downside. While there are opportunities available for all, you only guarantee X number of jobs for women and minorities by reducing the number of jobs that others can apply for.

There is no infinite supply of jobs which is what I feel your explanation is running on the basis of.

*and if there were infinite jobs the discrimination would be worthless. It exists because there are finite jobs.

Last edited:
Soldato
You missed an opportunity there to reply "White flight, mate"

Joke! :D

I think I've mentioned it to him previously.

The thing is this whole agenda assumes that the choices minority people are making are wrong and that only white peoples choices are right.

The people pushing this stuff seem to mix up equality with being the same. People can be different and equal.

Soldato
Do you agree with (for example) scholarships/bursaries to private schools for people on low incomes?

They discriminate after all.

Discrimination is fine we all do it every day multiple times over. It's the reason why we do it that matters.

Giving poor people financial aid to study I would suggest is a fairly good reason for the state or an institution to discriminate (assuming the aid is to assist a student that has shown potential and is not mismatching a student to a course or institution they are not equipped for)

Giving financial assistance to 'non white' people (on the basis of their ethnicty) is not a good form of discrimination even if 'non white' people on average are poorer than whites.

Because if you do this you end of doubly punishing a subset of 'whites' (the poor ones).

I think few people would object to discrimination not based on sex or race factors, but rather more universal factors like income that ended up disproportionately assisting 'non white' people and or women because they make up more of the applicable 'pool'.

Caporegime
Discrimination is fine we all do it every day multiple times over. It's the reason why we do it that matters.
Indeed discriminating based on core values is entirely rational and proper.

I've always said that I don't consider myself even slightly racist. People who share my core values are "us", and people who oppose my core values are "them".

So anyone with an nVidia GPU can **** right off :p (joking)

Minor and trivial differences (such as the above) are not core values. We're talking things like principals and ethics, etc.

Why would I care what colour your skin is, if we have the same ethics and core values? It wouldn't make sense. And (of course) many white people would fail that test, as I would consider various white leaders to be completely morally bankrupt.

Associate
The history of Britain is multicultural, has been for centuries, to ignore that is to rewrite history.
Reall
Never seen so many white snow flakes crying so much about being repressed. Completely pathetic bunch of ragers. :cry:
I don't think they feel repressed but a lot of white working class lads feel like we are having stuff shoved down our throats ever since George Floyd died in America all we have had since is this statue needs to come down our history is evil and we are all massive racists.

Soldato
If you are poor and white you get the least sympathy while simultaneously being the largest ethnic group of poor people still suffering from poor people things.

Certainly something to desire, that race is depreciated as a reason to favour X poor people for special treatment by the state over Y poor people.

Among other things the report leans towards that.

Associate
The biggest people kicking up a fuss about this report seem to be black and ethnic minority Labour MP's all it does is alienate their core voters northerners who like their country are sick of it getting bad mouthed hence why Labour lost a lot of the white working class vote.

Soldato
The biggest people kicking up a fuss about this report seem to be black and ethnic minority Labour MP's
Dont be silly. labour were slow out of the blocks on this one and certainly not making as much noise as professionals that deal with these sort of issues.
all it does is alienate their core voters northerners who like their country are sick of it getting bad mouthed hence why Labour lost a lot of the white working class vote.
I think you may find that was the whole point of it. It was a trap.

Appoint someone that already holds the view that minorities (mainly black) are holding them self back and boom.

Soldato
The biggest people kicking up a fuss about this report seem to be black and ethnic minority Labour MP's all it does is alienate their core voters northerners who like their country are sick of it getting bad mouthed hence why Labour lost a lot of the white working class vote.

Maybe they should have included Jewish people then they might have got a different reaction :D

Soldato
If you are poor and white you get the least sympathy while simultaneously being the largest ethnic group of poor people still suffering from poor people things.

Certainly something to desire, that race is depreciated as a reason to favour X poor people for special treatment by the state over Y poor people.

Then why arent you more angry at the government that keeps underfunding the facilities of poor people?

Soldato
Appoint someone that already holds the view that minorities (mainly black) are holding them self back and boom.

This claim is is borne out in the report and it's recommendations is it?

Then why arent you more angry at the government that keeps underfunding the facilities of poor people?

Justify your accusation and relate it to what I said.

Soldato
Justify your accusation and relate it to what I said.

Are you saying you just dont give a crap about anyone, poor or minorities and everyone should just get on with it like some sort of deathrace 2000?

The irony is Tony Sewell used to run clubs for black boys.

Soldato
Have you not read anything about Tony Sewell?

Yes he was brought up way back in the thread and I even watched an hour long interview which was posted of him talking about his past and part of his recent activities to help poor black boys. It's quite relevant that he specifically felt his intervention was important to improvements in their life which doesn't really mesh with your belief that he thinks minorities are holding themselves back.

Various negative claims were also made back in the thread and they failed to be demonstrated in the report.

In short, I do remember the thread I'm still posting in.

Are you saying you just dont give a crap about anyone, poor or minorities and everyone should just get on with it like some sort of deathrace 2000?

The irony is Tony Sewell used to run clubs for black boys.

Firstly what the **** are you on about.

Secondly, see, you are aware that Tony Sewell personally intervened to help black boys which isn't exactly standing by and telling minorities they're holding themselves back.

I don't believe the report is Tony Sewells agenda on paper but you certainly seem inclined towards it.

Soldato
Secondly, see, you are aware that Tony Sewell personally intervened to help black boys which isn't exactly standing by and telling minorities they're holding themselves back.

I don't believe the report is Tony Sewells agenda on paper but you certainly seem inclined towards it.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/mar/15/black-boys-too-feminised-fathers
Mon 15 Mar 2010

More than racism, I now firmly believe that the main problem holding back black boys academically is their over-feminised upbringing. First, because with the onset of adolescence there is no male role model to provide guidance and lock down the destructive instincts that exist within all males. Second, in the absence of such a figure a boy will seek out an alternative. This will usually be among dominant male figures, all too often found in gangs. This is the space where there is a kind of hierarchy, a ritual and, of course, a sense of belonging.

We have wasted years, and lives, looking in the wrong direction as to the causes of crime and education failure. We've had endless studies attempting to prove institutional racism – while all along our boys' psychological needs weren't met.

Soldato

Yes, now, as before:

This claim is is borne out in the report and it's recommendations is it?

The report is 258 pages long with dozens of recommendations.

My theory is and it's just a theory, that the report wasn't written by one person but the list of people printed at the start of the report.

Are you going to say something meaningful and not repost stuff we talked about over a dozen pages ago in some weird attempt to pick a fight.

Back
Top Bottom