Borderlands 3

Man of Honour
Soldato
It most likely will, I actually think it would work well as an animated movie but I'm guessing its live action. Cant agree on every movie based on a game being **** though, I quite liked the Resident Evil (including the 3 animated ones), Alone in the Dark and Silent Hill movies, I even reasonably enjoyed Doom :)

I could forgive Silent Hill, maybe the first Resident Evil bearing with the cheesy acting. But Doom?! DOOM?! GTFO :p

Man of Honour
The fact that this was less well received than the BloodRayne movie says it all. Remind me to never ask you for film recs

As an aside this lead me to look up video game movies as a whole and apparently there are MGS and Yakuza movies in the works

Hehe, I would never judge a persons film tastes on such a limited number of film choices, everyone has guilty pleasures and everyone has a few duff films which they like. Odds are that if you asked me for some film recommendations you would almost certainly find many that you would really like and some that you dont :)

Man of Honour
I must have missed the Alone in the Dark film, hence why i didn't comment. Is it this one that got a whopping 2.4/10 on IMDB? :p : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369226/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I long since stopped caring what IMDB or reviews say, everyone is different and has different tastes and things they like and dislike. Sometimes I find it enjoyable to put on a really cheesy "naff" film and just chill out to it. Might not be oscar worthy but I get enjoyment from those sorts of films when I am in the mood for them, I love old black and white B movies from the 40s and 50s for example "demon from beyond" , Quatermass trilogy and stuff about giant ants in the desert etc. Cheesy, naff, "bad" films but when you're in the mood for kicking back to them, still enjoyable. For me, stuff like Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill, Doom, Resident Evil etc are in that category and if I get the enjoyment from the film (if Im in the right mood for them) , I cant declare them to be ****

(Though I'd never judge them on a review score still because I dont care what other people think of a film, only whether I enjoy it, so I'd definitely not avoid a film or tv show on scores.)

Soldato
I long since stopped caring what IMDB or reviews say, everyone is different and has different tastes and things they like and dislike. Sometimes I find it enjoyable to put on a really cheesy "naff" film and just chill out to it. Might not be oscar worthy but I get enjoyment from those sorts of films when I am in the mood for them, I love old black and white B movies from the 40s and 50s for example "demon from beyond" , Quatermass trilogy and stuff about giant ants in the desert etc. Cheesy, naff, "bad" films but when you're in the mood for kicking back to them, still enjoyable. For me, stuff like Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill, Doom, Resident Evil etc are in that category and if I get the enjoyment from the film (if Im in the right mood for them) , I cant declare them to be ****

(Though I'd never judge them on a review score still because I dont care what other people think of a film, only whether I enjoy it, so I'd definitely not avoid a film or tv show on scores.)
The trick for me with IMDB ratings is to look at the breakdown of scores; where you see an equal number of 1,2s and 9,10s then the chances are I'll love it. Hard to beat a film that's so bad it's good of so offensive that others score it badly for me.

Man of Honour
Does Borderlands 3 require you to make yet another account in order to be allowed to play? I ignored it initially for that reason, but I see it's now on Steam and I was considering buying it. I'd be wanting to play it single player.

I played Borderlands 2 again last night, for some odd reason. I found that it's only possible to play Borderlands 2 single player if I put Steam in offline mode first. Is that the same with Borderlands 3?

Man of Honour
No to new account and yes you can play solo without the need to be offline. I have never had to play BL2 offline and I've played it for years.

I'll probably buy BL3 if goes on sale again, then.

I found out what I'd done wrong with BL2. It was set to an online mode in the game settings. Which was apparently ignored when Steam was in offline mode but tried (and failed) to connect when Steam was in online mode. I changed the ingame setting to local only and it worked fine. I don't remember setting it to online, but there it was.

Soldato
so whilst i'm a big fan of the borderlands series and iirc i even pre-ordered bl3, it hasnt been until now that i've actually played it.

weird i know, i do it with other game series and tv shows i like as well and no i don't understand why i do this but it's a thing.

so, first casual playthrough, content touring the plot on easy mode (please no spoliers) as amara and i notice occasionally i seem to at or just after the end of a battle get an unending elemental effect that's a guaranteed kill, say i brush a patch of fire or whatever leftover from the last enemy or a barrel explosion and it just keep going and going until i'm dead.

needless to say this lines up nicely with npc dialogue and with no enemies around to bust out of ffyl it kind of spoils things.

so is this a bug/feature or something dumb i've done with my build that i can stop?

Soldato
I play this occasionally as even though BL2 is one of my top games this just isn't gripping me. Anyway, one thing I've noticed is weird. I'm level 26 and I just can't find any guns that are better than my level 12 legendaries? Is that normal?

The while point of borderlands is the insane guns, why play if I just keep one gun for the entire playthrough?

Soldato
I play this occasionally as even though BL2 is one of my top games this just isn't gripping me. Anyway, one thing I've noticed is weird. I'm level 26 and I just can't find any guns that are better than my level 12 legendaries? Is that normal?

The while point of borderlands is the insane guns, why play if I just keep one gun for the entire playthrough?

there's sometimes more to the guns than the stat's might initially suggest.

the rarer the gun the further past it's level it'll be usable to, which makes later game legendaries more useful/longer lasting as you're leveling up less frequently (eg up to level 10 you're swapping guns almost constantly).

i must admit, i've been content touring my first playthrough on easy mode and it seems that instead of making the enemies easier it just showers you with better guns left right and centre to the point you're swimming in legendaries.

of course once i've done my first playthrough i'll switch to a different character and run through it properly.

Soldato
I play this occasionally as even though BL2 is one of my top games this just isn't gripping me.

You’re not alone there. It just doesn’t play as nice as BL2, the story is **** and the cringe music now and then is awful. Characters are still okay, but almost every character in BL2 is brilliant.

I rate BL3 as my 3rd favourite of the series.

Man of Honour
You’re not alone there. It just doesn’t play as nice as BL2, the story is **** and the cringe music now and then is awful. Characters are still okay, but almost every character in BL2 is brilliant.

I rate BL3 as my 3rd favourite of the series.

That's a bit disappointing. I've played Borderlands (and all the DLC, which I thought was pretty poor compared with the game) and Borderlands 2. I was hoping that BL3 would be on a par with BL2. Well, I'm waiting for BL3 to go on sale on Steam again anyway.

Caporegime
I agree that the story in Borderlands 3 is terrible but the gameplay with the HDR graphics and new weaponry is a lot of fun. It gets absolutely bedlam during some of the fights with tons of effects. I’ve played it twice now, PS4 and PC with two characters so there’s plenty to go at for a third run on PS5 eventually. I rank the overall experience just above Borderlands 2.

But then again I thought The Pre-Sequel was better than Borderlands 2 which no-one else does. :p

Soldato
Wow... i just
deafeated Troy and entered the vault behind him

and i got 1 legendary item, and it was a room decoration. there was also 1 blue gun in the vault and the rest were green.

Not to mention, that fight and the cutscenes were poor.

Suuuuuper disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom