Trouble with Firefox fonts

Soldato
I'm trying to transition from Chrome to Firefox and so far i'm pretty happy with it except that on some websties Firefox is displaying different fonts. It's most noticable on Wikipedia but is also present on these forums. On all other websites that i've been on so far the font is exactly same in both browsers. I've been through Firefox's settings and played around with the fonts but it doesn't seem to change anything. Screenshots below;

Wikipedia - Chrome on the left, Firefox on the right

iKxx2L3.png

OCUK Forums - Chrome on the left, Firefox on the right

J6fu9AN.png

Anyone encounterd this before?

Soldato
when I look at wikipedia in chrome fonts are serif'd , like your firefox example, so I would say your chrome maybe wrong !
html for wiki shows title as font-family: 'Linux Libertine','Georgia','Times',serif;
I am not an html expert but that suggest it should be serif

Soldato
No issues here, Chrome left, Firefox right:

TSQ4a5i.png

CFO0xN6.png

There is a slight difference but yours just looks like it's using a completely different font on Wikipedia.

In options -> content -> fonts & colours, what is your fonts settings?

Mine are default except for monospace which I changed, but that doesn't affect both Wikipedia and OcUK:

HsN0tWL.png

Soldato
fwiw - A couple of articles that also suggest wiki headings should have a serif'd font, unless you override
https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/03/27/typography-refresh/
https://www.quora.com/What-font-does-Wikipedia-use
Changes we’re releasing include: increased text size for body content plus headings, specific font family settings for body text, serif headings to help you scan long articles, improved leading and spacing between sections, and other minor updates. In the long run, we may explore delivering a single font stack to all via web fonts. For now, we have opted to release this incremental improvement, which does not require you to download additional fonts and thus will have far less impact on page load times, if any.

Back
Top Bottom