**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Finally got android 11 this morning on my oneplus 7 pro. Have to say, one of the reasons I went oneplus was they supposedly were quick on the updates, so this has been a complete shambles. When I finally upgrade, I'll be going elsewhere.

Soldato
No noticeable issues with the update on my 7T Pro so far, but it's a shame OnePlus seem to be taking the interface in the same direction as iOS and Samsung. The new fonts and visual style just seem like a copy of what other brands are already doing.

As above, I've not had my phone a year yet but I'm disappointed with how they've handled updates too, although it's still a vast improvement over Honor. For what was purported to be a more enthusiast-orientated brand, I don't think they're trying very hard to stay that way any more.

Soldato
No noticeable issues with the update on my 7T Pro so far, but it's a shame OnePlus seem to be taking the interface in the same direction as iOS and Samsung. The new fonts and visual style just seem like a copy of what other brands are already doing.

As above, I've not had my phone a year yet but I'm disappointed with how they've handled updates too, although it's still a vast improvement over Honor. For what was purported to be a more enthusiast-orientated brand, I don't think they're trying very hard to stay that way any more.

Oneplus have done a decent job of the interface I'm my opinion. The notification drop down toggles are still tastefully done as is the settings menu. In contrast Samsung is a cartoonish bloat fest.

The bundled apps including dialer with oneplus are either Google stock apps or removable. Try that with Samsung.

Going back to the Pixel 3 for a couple of weeks and I've really noticed the lack of features. The pull down toggles are now lame with 6 toggles even when pulled down, no scrolling screenshots, very limited system customisation.

Oneplus is not perfect but it's a great blend. Fast, feature rich and generally bloat free with a clean UI. I can't say that about any other OEM worth their salt.

uc

uc

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't say I've noticed any problems with the original update on my 7T Pro fortunately, but did notice earlier there's another update available in Oxygen Updater which I'll probably do tonight.

Soldato
Update arrived for my 7T Pro. I decided to bite the bullet since it seems the EU build is less buggy compared to the other builds.

One thing I noticed was everything was scaled larger. Went into developer options and saw that smallest width was set as 411. Before on OOS 10 with display size set to the smallest, it was 470. Changed it back to that and everything is normal size again.

Going to see how it goes over the next few days and hopefully I won't encounter any major bugs. A quick few test calls I don't have the calling bug where it's stuck on the speakerphone, so that's good at least.

EDIT: Had to clear cache partition in recovery to fix some performance issues. Some games also started showing weird bugs (eg Ingress, missing map and XM) and clearing data didn't work for them, but reinstalling the apps did. Didn't work for all apps though, there's definitely a decrease from 10 on heavier games.

Disabled gaming tools but found swiping from the top corners still triggers the notification for it, and you can't hide the notification dot.

Some apps such as Microsoft To Do which I use for daily reminders was not notifiying me for some reason, had to disable battery optimisation to fix it.

Apart from that, it's pretty much stable enough for daily use. Just small little problems which hopefully will get fixed over time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Definitely my last OP phone, I thought my update had gone okay but my smart watch notifications are all delayed now. Battery drains faster.

Associate
I updated my 7t pro. Whilst everything seemed ok initially, I noticed the selfie camera was no longer working and in the days that followed the rear camera stopped too. The camera app even failed to load.

Eventually I had to have a remote session with OnePlus, they flashed the phone to an earlier version of android but it only brought back the rear camera. Off for repair it's gone. All this persuaded me to get a new phone and once the OnePlus is back it'll be sold.

Strange how an update can make a device act so poorly.

Back
Top Bottom