• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800xt "midnight Black" edition

Associate
Loving your optimism, but the last two forum voucher codes were apparently considered a failure, as "loads" of them ended up on eBay.

Not sure they'll be in any hurry to do another.
That's really a shame. I was really hoping to snag a 6800XT this side of christmas 2021.

Associate
Loving your optimism, but the last two forum voucher codes were apparently considered a failure, as "loads" of them ended up on eBay.

Not sure they'll be in any hurry to do another.

I guess there could be ways to manage it, but would probably add Admin overhead and make it not worthwhile...

anyway, my idea:
List the cards at £3000.
Voucher for forum members brings it down to £1600 (or another amount that would make it not worth trying to scalp)
4 weeks after cards are delivered, OC send the buyers a unique verification code
Buyer then sends back a photo of their card (ideally installed in a PC), with the serial no and verification code visible
Once verified, OC then refund the buyer an amount that brings the overall outlay to a reasonable sale price (maybe £900 back to bring the overall sale price to £700 for a 6800XT)

Not overly simple and some people might not like being out of pocket for 4 weeks.. but I'm sure there are plenty of people who have waited long enough that they would try it!

Associate
Indeed, I didn't think it would be worthwhile to implement. While there might be some technical ways to restrict voucher codes to forum members, it's impossible to prevent those users from buying to resell them without some kind of incentive for the user to verify they have not sold it.

Back
Top Bottom