• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Caporegime
Run it with Ray tracing see what FPS you get.;)

Looks very smooth though. I need to try this game tonight it's just been sitting there .

What video capture tool did you use for the video btw.
RT is the biggest con going, i love high FPS. :D

It's good fast paced fun, you should give it a go. Typical COD games, not everyone's cup of tea as it is so unrealistic but i like the fast paced run and gun style.

That was just captured using Radeon Software. It was recorded in 4K, but YouTube is taking ages to make that format available and it's butchered it so far at 1080p. :p

I would rather use a capture card to be honest for the extra quality and to avoid the performance hit of recording, but i can't justify the cost of the 4K Elgato card at the moment.

EDIT Plus i only have 1x HDMI port on the Merc so I'm not sure i could use the Elgato anyway.

Caporegime
But RT isn't the biggest con going, perhaps it is for willy waving as it effects fps.
It really is. Minor image quality improvement for a huge performance cost. Some games even look better with it off.

Until the above changes, it will always be a con in my eyes. Subjective of course, but I see I'm far from the only one with this opinion based off reading the various Cyberpunk thread here.

Associate
Try loading these profiles into GPU Tuning and see how you get on. The 2340/2400Mhz ones should lower your temps and fan noise. You may be able to adjust fan speed and voltage further but this gives you a starting point.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmfBfrWrCDQLuUkWrQHzxka5d96l?e=RfPkGx

Hey LtMatt, the 2340 is working great, thanks! I never really considered just locking the fan speed at a lower RPM, always had it on auto. The Phantom has 3 120mm 3000mm fans, that thing gets pretty loud when they ramp up... Hot spot/junction temp peaks around 92°, usually in the 80°s and the core is about 70°.

Caporegime
Hey LtMatt, the 2340 is working great, thanks! I never really considered just locking the fan speed at a lower RPM, always had it on auto. The Phantom has 3 120mm 3000mm fans, that thing gets pretty loud when they ramp up... Hot spot/junction temp peaks around 92°, usually in the 80°s and the core is about 70°.
Sounds perfect. As long as junction is below 110c, you are golden. :)

Associate
hi guys, i have the 6900xt powered well .. can i not play with doom? crashes continuously and freezes the pc too .. possible? know what it can be? I have tried so many variations to no avail

Associate
hi Harle..
psu gigabyte 1000w plus gold, mobo strix 570-e last bios, all stock no overclock , crash only doom ..other bench or game is well ..stress gpu is well

Associate
[QUOTE = "Harlequin, post: 34701753, member: 26394"] nuovi driver per GPU in uscita negli ultimi giorni - provarli? e aggiorna anche i driver madre [/ QUOTE]
thks i try this ..

Associate
[QUOTE = "Harlequin, post: 34701771, member: 26394"] Anche il visualizzatore di eventi ti darà un'indicazione del motivo per cui il gioco si è bloccato [/ QUOTE]
to ok .. where do I find it?

Back
Top Bottom