• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If I place an order for other components, can buy a GPU?

Associate
OP
Not offended just shocked that you think you're better than everyone else as you have 1400 quid to spend. Like your some kinda baller. £1400 isnt getting you anywhere now get back in line.

Baller, is that hood chat? you inferred I'm better.

The rationale is they're selling prebuilt PCs for around 2k, why not sell people an entire PC of components that they can pick? I don't like the prebuilt cases, mobos, psus and you can't change them.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

The rationale is they're selling prebuilt PCs for around 2k, why not sell people an entire PC of components that they can pick? I don't like the prebuilt cases, mobos, psus and you can't change them.

The availability of GPUs is so bad that any and all avenues to acquire one are saturated.

Cards that should sell for £750 are selling on eBay for £1500.

Associate
Welcome to pc building of 20-21.

I started part buying pre black Friday, I'm still not quite done but close.

Besides that, Gibbo and friends might be releasing some more gpus to forum participants/gamers this week ... Read the posts. That's how I eventually got mine.
What did you get?

Associate
I've given up until the next year, I can't even join the queue as I have to go though support to get it shipped :rolleyes:, basket with the GPU in it is gone by the time I get on the phone.

Suggest that OP buys a prebuilt as others have said. If you post in the Pre sales forum you might get them to spec it with the parts of your choice, assuming they are compatible with the build.

As long as OCUK isn't going to lose money on your custom pre-built I doubt they would object (assuming you havent already bought all the parts you mention).

Last edited:
Permabanned
Buying a pre-built PC and running with it, or buying one and selling the bits you don't want, is the best way to achieve what you are looking to do currently. As bizarre as it may seem...

This is correct! So pre-built is definitely the way to go no matter what you want to end up with.

Permabanned
I have the same question, because from the bundles available they don't come with the parts I want

Basically you are pre-built or pretty much nothing. This is an absolutely terrible time to buy. If it's any consolation there are many thousands of people in the same boat as you, including myself.

Associate
Very weird situation indeed.

It would be unpopular but I think at this point, we should do an auction and limit the GPU to 1 per customer.

Soldato

The first pre-built I clicked on has a selection of 32 cases, 16 motherboards (amd build) and 16 power supplies. I've not checked stock on all of them, but you can definitely change those bits: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-systems/configurator/gaming-pc

Permabanned

That couldnt be any further from the truth though. You can mix and match all of those and sell what you dont but its going to work out cheaper than buying a card from a scalper for 50% over RRP. I paid £1650 for my Asus TUF 3090 and I cant believe thats not even on the high end of what those cards are actually selling for now!

Associate
OP
The first pre-built I clicked on has a selection of 32 cases, 16 motherboards (amd build) and 16 power supplies. I've not checked stock on all of them, but you can definitely change those bits: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-systems/configurator/gaming-pc

I missed this somehow, thanks.

I've specd something close to what I want, works out at £2400 with a good 3070 and 5800x.It's basically what you'd have to spend anyway with the crazy gpu prices and I don't have to build it.

it's all water coolers, I thought air was better for sound? what's the quietest for a 5800x?

Soldato
I missed this somehow, thanks.

I've specd something close to what I want, works out at £2400 with a good 3070 and 5800x.It's basically what you'd have to spend anyway with the crazy gpu prices and I don't have to build it.

it's all water coolers, I thought air was better for sound? what's the quietest for a 5800x?

It's worth spending some time going through the pre-built section, as pricing can be inconsistent at times. And as others have said, if you wind up with some parts you don't want then you can always swap them yourself. Could potentially save yourself hundreds of pounds. Their cheapest 3070 equipped PC is almost a grand cheaper than what you have priced up, for example.

As for coolers, this explains it well:

Back
Top Bottom