• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How are people getting GPU's ?

Soldato
You ain't getting a gpu, not while this lot is around...

I wouldn't even be that bothered if they were buying to mine but they're buying to resell :o.

It's getting to the point where its almost bragging rights and openly okay to do it.

GnFGALI.jpg

e5jxKC5.jpg

7W38Gnz.jpg

1UV0Zex.jpg

Soldato
OP
Bots and scalpers could do some lasting damage with all of this that may be felt as much as a few years down the line.

The fact that a 3070 even from retailers is now going for 750 pounds is ludicrous, Retailers may get profit in the short term but long term this is damaging.

Soldato
Bots and scalpers could do some lasting damage with all of this that may be felt as much as a few years down the line.

The fact that a 3070 even from retailers is now going for #750 is ludicrous, Retailers may get profit in the short term but long term this is damaging.
Unfortunately i agree with you on this... I wish it wasn't so.

Associate
I'm currently saving for a whole new system which is will take few months to do so. In which time (fingers crossed) things in terms of stock levels will hopefully be better to get my hands on a 3080 or whatever high end card is out at the time.

At one time I would put a whole system on finance but saving is the better way and with the stock levels I cant get the system I want anyways.

Soldato

The fact that a 3070 even from retailers is now going for 750 pounds is ludicrous, Retailers may get profit in the short term but long term this is damaging.
Possibly. The scalpers don't care though. I look at the overpriced Ebay listings sometimes and the person selling cards almost always has a feedback history full of things like games consoles and trainers too (also scalped, naturally). They're just opportunists jumping on the latest money-making bandwagon. They don't and won't really care if they destroy the PC hardware market, as they'll just move on to the next hot item.

Caporegime
You ain't getting a gpu, not while this lot is around...

I wouldn't even be that bothered if they were buying to mine but they're buying to resell :o.

It's getting to the point where its almost bragging rights and openly okay to do it.

GnFGALI.jpg

e5jxKC5.jpg

7W38Gnz.jpg

1UV0Zex.jpg

Yeah but who is paying £900?

Miners or desperate folk.

Caporegime
Aslong as there are buyers, these people will continue to scalp.

As long as there is a shortage you mean?

There will always be buyers. Supply and demand has made these profitable to buy and resell.

Put it this way if ocuk had 10,000,000 GPUs delivered tomorrow the resale market would be dead overnight.

It's a supply issue at heart. Scalpers are just cashing in on the shortage.

Associate
It might lead to permanent price increases, so the price creeps upwards, and when there is stock, it'll all be at the higher rate.

That is what i was thinking too , all i want is a 2060 super or a 3060 as an upgrade for my rx580 , been searching for weeks :( really want to play cyberpunk with the raytracing on.

Associate
It might lead to permanent price increases, so the price creeps upwards, and when there is stock, it'll all be at the higher rate.

But at what stage do people knock PC gaming on the head and move over to consoles which can game at 4k right now? For me the drawback of consoles is A) No ultrawide support B) PC game backlog. Luckily I got a 6700 XT from Overclockers voucher system so I'm good for a couple of years at least

Mining, New Consoles and covid has put demand for the 7nm node through the roof. It's just how long mining on GPUs is a factor and how GPU manufacturers react to this. IF AMD, Nvidia and Intel double or trebble the amount of GPUs on the market normalsy will return.

Associate
That is what i was thinking too , all i want is a 2060 super or a 3060 as an upgrade for my rx580 , been searching for weeks :( really want to play cyberpunk with the raytracing on.

cyberpunk with raytracing on? ... can you really run that with a 2060s or a 3060? I know with amd it was recently suggested dont even bother even with a 6900xt.

Soldato
But at what stage do people knock PC gaming on the head and move over to consoles which can game at 4k right now? For me the drawback of consoles is A) No ultrawide support B) PC game backlog. Luckily I got a 6700 XT from Overclockers voucher system so I'm good for a couple of years at least

Mining, New Consoles and covid has put demand for the 7nm node through the roof. It's just how long mining on GPUs is a factor and how GPU manufacturers react to this. IF AMD, Nvidia and Intel double or trebble the amount of GPUs on the market normalsy will return.

Roll on cloud streaming. Though I hope publishers are more tolerant in the future than they have been with Geforce Now...

I'd happily move over to console if I could stream the few games that are PC-only. Right now would be a good time too; even a modest PC is currently worth enough to fund a 55" OLED and Series X or PS5 :p

Soldato
Summer is coming up, I'm not gaming much at the moment so I just sold my GPU. May as well pocket the cash and see what the future brings. Might be more competition and lower prices?

Caporegime
Doesn't matter, someone is... the market is there as they are still being sold at this price.

Suppose people have more money than sense.

To some folk it's worth the price. You could also scoff at the fact Conor McGregor bought a watch for £3 million. That watch is not worth anywhere near that.

If you have the money and want a gpu rather than waiting 2 years for stock it's better to just pay the extra £150 than be sat doing nothing for 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom