Feral teens/sub-humans and their behaviour

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I grew up with basically as much freedom as you could get and didn't manage to harm or kill anyone. There's been a switch at some point where they are no longer afraid of the police or seemingly anyone else. A lot of this stuff even happens in the middle of the day. I grew up with some rough people from all walks of life and they all had a limit to their rebellious behaviour and those that crossed the line paid for it. Now there's seemingly nothing to lose and no line to cross.

It's not just 15/16+ year olds too, it's 10/11 year olds seemingly left to run feral with adult behavior and language. These kids should still be wacking nettles with a stick while giggling at the one mate whose learnt a new swear word off his nan. Innocence seems to be leaving the youth much earlier.

Caporegime
The Conservatives have to take a decent share of the blame for this. I'd count myself as a Tory voter - however I was horrified by many of the decisions made under Theresa May. Many of which I'm please to see Boris has reversed.

However society in general has been headed this way regardless of politics.

I'm not only blaming politics, I just took umbrage that liberals are to blame for it.

Soldato
This kind of thing happened with the "rude boi" types when i was a secondary school in the early 2000's. In fact for a few years i was scared to go out as i and my friends were robbed a couple of times and intimidated a fair few times. All seemed to fade away once i got to 18 or i just wasn't the target anymore.

Definitely remember hearing about these gangs beating up innocent adults, disgusting but its nothing new unfortunately.

This is all under a labour government so pipe down tory bashers.

Soldato
Scummy *****.

They go around in packs as well because really they are weak, so need more of there weak scummy friends to make them feel hard. Horrible human beings, hope they get some hard time.

Soldato
Liberals are to blame again, right...

Conservatives in power for 10 years. Check
Massive cuts to police funding when Theresa May was in charge of the Home office. Check
Massive cuts to youth services. Check

Liberal people are to blame, when I was growing I got a clout if I misbehaved (doesn't seem to have turned me into some sort of psychotic murderer unless I'm supressing the memories) although it was dying off because of the namby pamby liberal brigade who wanted physical discipline ended (punishment in schools had not long since been stopped before I started), for years liberals have wanted to bring about the abolition of smacking kids and now it's illegal to smack your kids in certain areas, yes the cuts to services have not helped and you can blame the Conservatives for being in power but this goes back well over 40 years and gradually the erosion of discipline has come to fruition because successive governments have not only cut services but listened to the "won't somebody think of the children" brigade and basically wrapped everyone up in cotton wool.

Caporegime
I was an 80's kid. Luckily I missed corporal punishment but my mum used to smack me with slippers, a garden cane etc.

There were still feral kids around at my school then and I went to a secondary school in the middle of the worst council estate in Chelmsford.

I don't buy the smacking thing. If it worked, how come I used to get smacked all the time? Surely i'd have been smacked once and learnt my lesson?

Mostly it's just bad parenting full stop. Nothing to do with whacking kids.

Man of Honour
That's true. It's just a hope I guess. I think I'll be moving after a relatively short stay (short for home ownership). It's just getting worse here. Growing up in a village, this sort of thing was absolutely non existent

If they do build this station should be able to sell for a tidy profit. However the station would be amazing for commuting.

Maybe I haven’t been keeping up, where is this station that keeps getting mentioned?

People acting like this is a new thing.

I think that I know what you meant, but that sentence is a tad ambiguous.
I’m pretty sure that you meant, “people are acting like this has never happened before”, but it could be construed as “people acting anti-socially is a new thing.”

Soldato
I don't agree with smacking. I've not once had to lay a hand on my children and they're both very well behaved. If you're let it get to the point of smacking, you've already lost control.

If you smack a child, you're teaching them that physical violence is acceptable.

Caporegime
I don't buy the smacking thing. If it worked, how come I used to get smacked all the time? Surely i'd have been smacked once and learnt my lesson?

You could have been smacked for a variety of reasons and even then some people learn faster than others, sometimes if might take several incidents before the message clicks especially for a kid.

The problem with this high and mighty idea that you can just teach your kids through sitting them down and calmly talking to them is that some kids simply don't respond to words, they probably don't even have the attention span to listen. If they're going to grow up a chav then they probably can't process them very well and if they have not very intelligent parents they aren't going to be good at explaining things to them anyway.

What makes you think it didn't work? did you get in trouble with the police a lot as a teenager?

Soldato
This sort of crime and anti-social behaviour has seemingly been around for all of my life and it just seems to be an ongoing feedback loop.

Nonchalant people with no real help or people to care for them raise nonchalant children with no hopes, aspirations or cares.

This part is depressingly true. Where I work I had a member of staff who just retired last year. He was often a really nice happy man who no one would have a bad word to say about, lovely guy. One day he came into the main office and just had a depressed/given up look in his eyes. When someone asked him what was up he said he just realised that one of the young people he was teaching, and not getting through to, was a child of a student he used to teach 20 years ago. He can literally see the cycle about to repeat in front of his very eyes and he was helpless to stop it as ultimately the parents just don't care enough to set a good example.

I grew up with basically as much freedom as you could get and didn't manage to harm or kill anyone. There's been a switch at some point where they are no longer afraid of the police or seemingly anyone else. A lot of this stuff even happens in the middle of the day. I grew up with some rough people from all walks of life and they all had a limit to their rebellious behaviour and those that crossed the line paid for it. Now there's seemingly nothing to lose and no line to cross.

It's not just 15/16+ year olds too, it's 10/11 year olds seemingly left to run feral with adult behavior and language. These kids should still be wacking nettles with a stick while giggling at the one mate whose learnt a new swear word off his nan. Innocence seems to be leaving the youth much earlier.

You're not wrong. In the summer last year I got told to "Eff off d-head" by a child barely up to my waist using one of those scuttlebug things. My mind was blown.

Last week I got told to fornicate with my mother and got called 'afro head' but a young group of teens 12-14. Was a bit disappointed with them really, they've decided that wanted to racially abuse me and the best they came up with was afro head... they didn't even do it properly. Wasted effort on their end.

Regarding smacking your kids. I grew up in a Caribbean household, smacking kids was the norm and I think I grew up OK. If anything I'm grateful I got beat as I'm sure I would've been a idiot without those lessons and if nothing else they're funny anecdotes that my family and I look back on now.

Soldato
so how do you go about discipline and teaching the important lesson that their actions have consequences?
Non violent consequences - things like removal of freedoms, removal of privileges etc.

Much the same way that when we 'discipline' adult criminals, it's by way of things like taking their money or their freedom (prison) - we don't just give them a good kicking.

Back
Top Bottom