New Star Trek series - 2017

Associate
I wish they would stop holding hands and talking about togetherness! Star Trek has always been about those things, but they never needed to be shown or mentioned as regularly as these guys do. It's so in your face, it does my head in!

See you there for s4 though, hating it.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Maybe, just maybe they'll get it right this time.

Yep. Ain't no laws against optimism!

They won't, of course. It'll be mostly terrible with the occasional false dawn, just like each of the first three seasons. But it's nice to imagine a world in which the STD writers can actually write.

Series 3 improved a lot over the first 2 series imo. So hopefully this series will be another step in the right direction.

LOL, you cannot polish a turd. Well you can but not this one. I keep hoping for some glimpse of original Trek but we keep getting weeping and speeches.

Soldato
Why ?

I've never understood this mentality of " i don't like it so i'm going watch it just to bitch", do you believe that we care about your opinion that much that you wasted hours of your life doing something you don't like.

as I've said before, lots of people have invested many hundreds of hours into star trek. It's not simply a case of don't watch it if you don't like it. Imagine saying that during the first season of TNG (although i actually enjoyed it).

OK, we're three seasons in....but you know, it might come good....maybe. He's fully entitled to bitch and moan. I'm going to :p

Soldato
Why ?

I've never understood this mentality of " i don't like it so i'm going watch it just to bitch", do you believe that we care about your opinion that much that you wasted hours of your life doing something you don't like.

You watch it as you can't be critical of something you have not watched.

Its still a second rate show at best and the worst trek imo.

Didn't they just announce a new movie as well.

Soldato
Strange New Worlds is returning to singular episodic story format. With certain episodes focusing on a certain character as the focus. So sounding more like a traditional Trek show.
https://comicbook.com/startrek/amp/...ew-worlds-akiva-goldzman-episodic-characters/
W]e are returning fundamentally to episodic storytelling," he says. "What is unique about this particular Star Trek show in the current Star Trek Universe is that it is fully episodic. Now, when I say 'fully' I'm slightly exaggerating in that the character arcs are still serialized. It's not like Jim Kirk will see Edith Keeler die one week and be fine the next week as it was in The Original Series.
This Star Trek really is an ensemble piece," he says. "But what we do, which is a little different than the other ensemble pieces that are currently in play, is we don't actually try to tell everybody's story every week. We sort of move our focus around a bit. So you might easily look at an episode and say, 'Oh, that was really Pike episode' or 'That was really a M'Benga episode.'"

Back
Top Bottom