What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
Hahaha I just joined the forum and so glad I came across this group first!!

I think the over 30s is still a gaming generation. We grew up with games already. It'd be more impressive if the older generations were still playing.

Currently spending far too much time on Kingdom Come: Deliverance ... but also just bought F1 2020 so I can play with my 9y old son ;)

Associate
36 and playing these:

Steam/Friends

Red Dead Redemption Online (PC)
Vermintide (PC)
Among Us (PC)
Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC)
Super Smash Bros (Switch)

Solo (PC)

Doom Eternal
Red Dead Redemption 2
Cyberpunk 2077
Outlast

To Start

Breath of Wild (Switch)
Apex Legends (Switch)
Outlast 2 (PC)
Alien: Isolation (PC)
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 (PC)
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad (PC)

There might be a couple more games, but these spring to mind!

You should try it on Cemu emulator on PC, it's fantastic.

Soldato
36. Currently playing fantastic little Indies, like The Creature in the Well, Crying Suns etc.

£60+ for a game with lootboxes, DLC that is effectively chunks of the base game cut out, and releases that are a buggy mess? No ta.

Honestly I think the industry needs a bit of a kick up the jacksy. Triple A games have zero appeal for me at the moment.

R6Siege and Rust are the only MP games I play. Don't have any gaming buds these days, nor as much time as I'd like.

Last edited:
Associate
36. Currently playing fantastic little Indies, like The Creature in the Well, Crying Suns etc.

Same as. 49 here and playing nothing but indie titles like Amid Evil, DUSK, Ori, Iconclast etc. AAA titles are not doing anything for me recently. Other than that I play old school games like RTCW, Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and Dead Space series for example.

Associate
Battlefield 4
Hitman Absolution
Destiny (PS4)
Fallout NV (again)
GTA V

Slowly getting around to completing them in between work, parenting, DIY and keeping her ladyship content. :D

Those lists and reasons seem familiar!

Ill add the new Hitman series to that list as it can be great for a little frolick and you can tailor your play style to suit the time you have.

Soldato
GTFO - Still play this weekly with mates. Less time spent recently as we're waiting for the next rundown.

CS:GO - Finally got into it, only took almost a decade. I'm managing to ignore the skins and utter trash that they've put into it and have grown accustomed to the more cartoony graphics compared to previous iterations. My friend and I have some fun every weekend.

Sea of Thieves - It's kinda fun with some mates. Gets boring quickly but made better by going out of our way to ruin other kids games :D

Phasmophobia - Played a lot of this, so just dive into the BETA changes now and then. Great fun.

Cyberpunk - Whenever I get time to game alone I might put in a couple of hours.

Associate
Last Oasis - 2,000 hours invested in 12 months, 3 seasons in and loads of changes...some good and a lot bad but still the game is amazing if you are into your hardcore pvp survival.

Associate
Hahaha I just joined the forum and so glad I came across this group first!!

I think the over 30s is still a gaming generation. We grew up with games already. It'd be more impressive if the older generations were still playing.

Currently spending far too much time on Kingdom Come: Deliverance ... but also just bought F1 2020 so I can play with my 9y old son ;)

I'm 62 and at 16 I was playing games like Cross Of Iron, Wooden Ships and Iron Men, 1776, etc and this interest has continued in to the computer age, where
you no longer needed to have friends over so you could play against one another. I will (and many of my friends who are around my age) continue playing pc games until
I am unable to do so. Btw, I am also in to War Thunder, so all is good.

:)

I haz 4090!
Don
I'm back on Valorant for my MP fix. SP I'm playing through some old point and click classics, MI and MI2 done, about half way through CMI (probably my favourite one to be honest).

I'm not sure what I'm going to play next...

Associate
Finally getting some heavy use of my Oculus Rift in Elite Dangerous. Now I partially understand what I am doing.... The beauty of slightly slackening the HMD is that you can just see the keyboard through the gap below your nose, as my Thrustmaster HOTAS X doesn't have enough buttons on it. Oh and the price of a Warthog set is more expensive than me getting a new Squire Classic JazzMaster or even the sold out J Mascis edition.... :)
...How to explain this conundrum to the wife...?

Associate
Update.

I've recently finished The first Bioshock, Cyberpunk 2077.

I am playing Anno 1800, Disco Elysium and Monster Hunter World.

I plan to pick up the Yakuza series again soon (I'm onto number 4).

Soldato
Need a thread for 50+

Yes we do. (51)

BFV and Evil Genius 2 :)

Evil Genius 2 is bad real bad on my 2nd lair now and I cant play this for ten minutes it just sucks the time away I darent start playing it at this time as when I do its 1am before I know it.
Its not brilliant and there are areas it could be better but boy this game is terribly addictive for me. Evil Genius was the same. Its stopped me playing World of Warships so it must be a good game.

Back
Top Bottom