Feral teens/sub-humans and their behaviour

Soldato
so how do you go about discipline and teaching the important lesson that their actions have consequences?
Stand in the corner (how my school punished naughty children - before involving paranets)
Sit on the stairs (our timeout method).
Take away their tablet / phone.
Disable their wifi access.
Write lines.

I've not had to go beyond this because I've never let the situation escalate beyond those being needed. I use positive motivation more.

Soldato
I was an 80's kid. Luckily I missed corporal punishment but my mum used to smack me with slippers, a garden cane etc.

There were still feral kids around at my school then and I went to a secondary school in the middle of the worst council estate in Chelmsford.

I don't buy the smacking thing. If it worked, how come I used to get smacked all the time? Surely i'd have been smacked once and learnt my lesson?

Mostly it's just bad parenting full stop. Nothing to do with whacking kids.

I think discipline is more to do with keeping those kids who can go both ways, good or bad, in line. There are probably a lot more of those than the outright feral kids.

Why would you have only been spanked once? Maybe you needed spanks on different events. Did you learn a lesson? I'm thinking yes, unless you're admitting to being a feral kid and beating up older/vulnerable people?

I caught the tail end of corporal punishment, mainly the ruler to the hand, on a few occasions. Parents spanked me when needed. It instilled a natural order i.e. don't be disrespectful.

You're right it is bad parenting when the kids are like this. They haven't disciplined their child in any way, even the alternatives to spanking.

If nothing changes in policing i.e. they don't go back to basics of preventing crime rather than reacting to it, then at some point these kids are going to pick on the wrong adult and get knocked out or worse.

Caporegime
Maybe I haven’t been keeping up, where is this station that keeps getting mentioned?

I think that I know what you meant, but that sentence is a tad ambiguous.
I’m pretty sure that you meant, “people are acting like this has never happened before”, but it could be construed as “people acting anti-socially is a new thing.”

Between Cardiff and Newport.
It's been rumoured for years. But it has support from private money, council and residents. Big question mark is over the private money. Has covid derailed it?

Called Cardiff parkway.

Soldato
The problem is that these kids feel invincible. They know they can walk up to beefy, big, strong blokes right up to their nose and shout abuse. If you touch them, it's recorded instantly on all their phones and the police come knocking for abusing a child. They use it against their parents too, threatening that they'll go to the police or call child abuse lines if they touch them. Parents feel they can't give them a good hiding and therefore try punishing with just words...words do nothing...kid learns they can do what they want.
I can't tell you how much I want to smack some of these local ***** but we can't. In modern society they truly are untouchable and they know it. If they touch you to the point where you need to use force to fight back and defend, then in my opinion it's fair game to put them to sleep, but even then...you'll be waiting for the old bill to come knocking when they go crying to mummy that they got smacked by an "adult".

We live in an ok area. In fact...down the road - which is a nicer area - they have even more issues with the local youth. Fires have been a real problem in the area and on common land. Shoplifting in one particular store is so bad, the staff have been actively told to do nothing and do not engage for safety reasons. They just let the CCTV capture it but of course they are all masked up. It's absolutely disgusting.

I think this is one of the biggest issues we have in this country. The gradual shift over the last 2 decades to the over protection of youth with soft sentencing.

Vigilantism is coming. The local people have literally had enough near me as the police do nothing. Everything is reported. Nothing is done. Some kids are going to be receiving a good old fashioned hiding I hope in the near future.

Man of Honour
Between Cardiff and Newport.
It's been rumoured for years. But it has support from private money, council and residents. Big question mark is over the private money. Has covid derailed it?

Called Cardiff parkway.

Thanks, I had no idea about it, maybe because I haven’t been to Wales for years, although I had some good times in Caerphilly years ago, Hi Pearl, remember me, your brother Bryan called me Johnny the Frog?

Caporegime
The problem is that these kids feel invincible. They know they can walk up to beefy, big, strong blokes right up to their nose and shout abuse. If you touch them, it's recorded instantly on all their phones and the police come knocking for abusing a child. They use it against their parents too, threatening that they'll go to the police or call child abuse lines if they touch them. Parents feel they can't give them a good hiding and therefore try punishing with just words...words do nothing...kid learns they can do what they want.
I can't tell you how much I want to smack some of these local ***** but we can't. In modern society they truly are untouchable and they know it. If they touch you to the point where you need to use force to fight back and defend, then in my opinion it's fair game to put them to sleep, but even then...you'll be waiting for the old bill to come knocking when they go crying to mummy that they got smacked by an "adult".

We live in an ok area. In fact...down the road - which is a nicer area - they have even more issues with the local youth. Fires have been a real problem in the area and on common land. Shoplifting in one particular store is so bad, the staff have been actively told to do nothing and do not engage for safety reasons. They just let the CCTV capture it but of course they are all masked up. It's absolutely disgusting.

I think this is one of the biggest issues we have in this country. The gradual shift over the last 2 decades to the over protection of youth with soft sentencing.

Vigilantism is coming. The local people have literally had enough near me as the police do nothing. Everything is reported. Nothing is done. Some kids are going to be receiving a good old fashioned hiding I hope in the near future.

Yeah it's coming. People are getting sick of exactly this. You literally cannot do anything. I know it's said time and again punishment doesn't work. Well, no punishment certainly isn't working either.

They are untouchable. It's a sorry state of affairs when you have to let someone Rob you because you can't intervene.

As more kids figure this out it will just get worse. Maybe there will come a point when public will crack. Who knows.

Soldato
The whole point in the police was to stop people dishing out their own justice, but now the police and courts don't really do anything about it vigilantism will come back.

It's becoming pointless to even call them other than for the insurance claims. Might as well lump them one and leave them laying in the road (which is what someone on my street did after catching an older chav messing with his car lol).

Looking at the properganda for the local police commissioner elections recently. Most of them bang on about speeding and other low level things most people don't care about, wanting to spend millions more on it. Only one candidate (who is an ex-cop) mentions serious crime and anti-social behaviour. The Libdem one is an absolute wetwipe :/

Last edited:
Soldato
Was there ever a time you could beat up kids? :confused:

In fear of your life and in self defence, yes. These "kids" like to remind us they are "kids" but like to commit adult offenses engaging with adult people, using age as a defense barrier. And it works. If I walked around acting like some of the youth of today when I was a kid, I'd fully expect to end up in jail or being beaten to within an inch of my life. In the 80s, you would not walk up to a body builder/tatoo'd up beefcake fresh out the gym, and tell him you ***** his mother last night. (This is a local game the youths like to play outside a gym round here to see if they can get anyone to take the bait, whilst recording it all for the lols to put on facebook).

Yeah it's coming. People are getting sick of exactly this. You literally cannot do anything. I know it's said time and again punishment doesn't work. Well, no punishment certainly isn't working either.

They are untouchable. It's a sorry state of affairs when you have to let someone Rob you because you can't intervene.

As more kids figure this out it will just get worse. Maybe there will come a point when public will crack. Who knows.

Yeah. Imagine you are out with your wife and kids in a park and some yobs come up and ask for your wallet. Imagine the message and image it shows your family when you hand it over in fear they are carrying a knife, because...you want to live right. It sends a message that even Dad can't protect us and it's deeply damaging to the family.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Scum.

While cuts to social services have hurt, it is still not an excuse.

Some kids need to be smacked, I don't care what research says about it. It is not a one for all solution. An army regiment for these scumbags would soon sort the ***** out.

Soldato
This part is depressingly true. Where I work I had a member of staff who just retired last year. He was often a really nice happy man who no one would have a bad word to say about, lovely guy. One day he came into the main office and just had a depressed/given up look in his eyes. When someone asked him what was up he said he just realised that one of the young people he was teaching, and not getting through to, was a child of a student he used to teach 20 years ago. He can literally see the cycle about to repeat in front of his very eyes and he was helpless to stop it as ultimately the parents just don't care enough to set a good example.

When I worked in a Jobcentre I once heard a long-term claimant dad say "you'll be doing this in a few years" to his 10 year old son. A terrible message to send.

I know from having kids in school that parents' impact on their children is profound. The troubled kids at nursery school struggled until they finished school.

I've seen the sheep and goats problem exacerbated by the recent school closures, due to COVID. That's disproportionately affected the struggling families, from what I can see- and teacher friends have told me as much. Those kids had over half a year off school support and it showed.

The temptation is simply to sling blame, when it needs some careful thought and hard questions asking- and some of those answers will cross into personal behaviour which is a touchy subject, for all kinds of reasons.

Caporegime
Should absolutely be able to give them a clip if they get physical themselves, some of these 15 year olds are built like men already.

I've not told many people this but a few years ago I was walking along the seafront here with my partner. A car drives past and some kid shouts **** at her out of the passenger window, not so clever as he didn't see the temporary traffic lights ahead that were on red. I decided to go and have a word with him to discuss what a comedian he is. As I approach, he gets out of the car and starts approaching me like he wants a fight, afraid I was going to get hit first I gave him a jab straight on the jaw, he stumbles and runs back to the car that then speeds off :D All some of these people need is a swift reminder that they are soft as clarts.

Soldato
Should absolutely be able to give them a clip if they get physical themselves, some of these 15 year olds are built like men already.

I've not told many people this but a few years ago I was walking along the seafront here with my partner. A car drives past and some kid shouts **** at her out of the passenger window, not so clever as he didn't see the temporary traffic lights ahead that were on red. I decided to go and have a word with him to discuss what a comedian he is. As I approach, he gets out of the car and starts approaching me like he wants a fight, afraid I was going to get hit first I gave him a jab straight on the jaw, he stumbles and runs back to the car that then speeds off :D All some of these people need is a swift reminder that they are soft as clarts.

Totally agree. I've seen and been around similar situations. I find the road rage ones incredible because you get tiny girls giving you the finger and stuff as they feel very protected inside their car.
Some kids are basically man sized at 13/14. Having coached kids in a football team and being around a lot of boys this age, I've genuinely seen some 14 year olds that could compete against men easily. 6ft+, solid defenders.

Soldato
Liberals are to blame again, right...

Conservatives in power for 10 years. Check
Massive cuts to police funding when Theresa May was in charge of the Home office. Check
Massive cuts to youth services. Check

You do realise the Conservatives that have been in power this century are all liberals. I'm not saying that right wing solutions are the answer, but to pretend we have had right wing governments in charge at any point is laughable. We have Neo Liberals in charge that are interested in protecting the markets and individual freedoms front and centre, society comes second.

Back
Top Bottom