*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Hey guys. Question. Does VR gives motion sickiness? If so, how bad is it?

It can do, but it depends on how susceptible the person playing is.

It's something most people can get over, though some never manage it.

It can be mitigated by avoiding games which require artifical locomotion (using joysticks to move or turn) but the best way is to play in short bursts, and stop if you feel uncomfortable and come back later, building up your 'vr legs' as it is called.

Associate
It can do, but it depends on how susceptible the person playing is.

It's something most people can get over, though some never manage it.

It can be mitigated by avoiding games which require artifical locomotion (using joysticks to move or turn) but the best way is to play in short bursts, and stop if you feel uncomfortable and come back later, building up your 'vr legs' as it is called.

Thank you. i have Oculus Quest 2. Im still within 14 days return periord. I will give it a try.

Associate
Soon as u start feeling woozy stop, leave w bit and go again, more u do it easier it gets. I had to do the same after a massive break from vr and going back to boneworks , I can just stay in for hours now and not notice.

don’t ever try and keep going and push thru the sickness as will make you worse

Soldato
i cant turn off the wifi on the router (i could in the middle of the night though)

hmm, ill see what i can do, so your saying its best to connect my Q2 direct to PC (wirelessly) rather than through router as normal

If you are using the mobile hotspot on your PC, then you have to connect your Quest 2 to it and not to your Router.

Your two options are.

Normal: Quest 2 connects to Wireless on Router. And PC connects to Router through network cable.

Hotspot: Quest 2 connects to Wireless hotspot on PC. PC connects to Router using Network cable.

EDIT: Sorry, lol, forget to finish my post. I meant to say that it's up to you to decide which is best. Try both and use the one that gives the best performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you are using the mobile hotspot on your PC, then you have to connect your Quest 2 to it and not to your Router.

Your two options are.

Normal: Quest 2 connects to Wireless on Router. And PC connects to Router through network cable.

Hotspot: Quest 2 connects to Wireless hotspot on PC. PC connects to Router using Network cable.

Hotspot option sounds interesting. Is it just as viable?

Soldato
Hotspot option sounds interesting. Is it just as viable?

I would recommend a dedicated router over setting up a hotspot. And so would the developer of Virtual desktop.

For most people it's a pain setting it up in Windows 10. And it's a not a job that Windows 10 does very well.

That said, if your motherboard has Wifi, or you have a PCIe/USB adapter lying around, it might be worth trying out to see how it works for you.

But, if I had to spend money, I would buy a dedicated router.

Soldato
Picked up hyperdash with the 25% code. The graphics are pretty decent and runs really smooth. But doesn't seem to be any match-making, getting absolutely owned.

Soldato
I know I'm kind of late to the party but just got round to trying out Virtual Desktop and streaming games from my PC wirelessly is amazing! Definitely worth grabbing the app if you have a headset and a VR capable PC.

Soldato
I think I've realised why its slow now, parents watching netflix every evening, sky box is on the Wireless

I thought you were using your Mobile hotspot? Which wouldn't be affected by what the Router was doing at all, well, apart from affecting latency in multiplayer games.

Underboss
ok had a play with it again, been playing Space Trainer via the hotspot method

got the performance overlay on, and I can see im around 200-288 Mb/s line speed
fps drops to 72 from 80 occasionally
latency jumps up quite a bit when my line speeds drops, it does play smooth, then stutters now and again

wifi-6 i have on my pc via windows 10 method, using the MSI drivers

Soldato
So on a whim I ordered a Rift s just now. Is this a mistake? I really didn't do any research :cry:.

The quest has lower resolution, but seems to be rated higher? I don't really plan on gaming in VR without it being connected to my PC, so it looks like I would need to spend £90 more on the cable.

So, for PC VR gaming Quest 2 or Rift S?

Soldato
I'm such a bell-end! :p

I think I got confused over which resolution was which, so the Quest 2 is higher resolution? And I can use wireless or a good quality USB C to stream from your PC?

Associate
So on a whim I ordered a Rift s just now. Is this a mistake? I really didn't do any research :cry:.

The quest has lower resolution, but seems to be rated higher? I don't really plan on gaming in VR without it being connected to my PC, so it looks like I would need to spend £90 more on the cable.

So, for PC VR gaming Quest 2 or Rift S?

I have the rift s and the quest 2 and I can tell you that the rift s is still a better headset for pc vr despite the lower resolution. With the rift s there is no image compression and the headset is lighter and more comfortable. Don't get me wrong the quest 2 is a great standalone vr headset but if your main use is pc vr then you made the right choice with the rift s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom