Spec me a washing machine

Soldato
It's here tomorrow. (hopefully) I'll update but i'm sure any new machine will be amazing compared to the existing now.
Which one did you go for in the end? I'm curious, as I've heard some of the Bosch 1600rpm machines will actually spin at 1700rpm to achieve better results.

Associate
OP
I went googling after your post. I saw that video too.

The display still appears to say 1600 and there’s no intel on how to overclock it.

Last edited:
Associate
On a similar note, I've just took delivery of a LG F4V909WTSE from Currys for final price £430
Price matched AO.com at £519 and then used 8% work discount vouchers and finally 10% cashback.

Main features being turbo wash 360 (better rinsing) + steam (gimmick?) + wifi (tells me when wash is done and lets me download new programs to the machine)

5yrs parts n labour warranty; 10yrs on the DD drive; plus the V7 / V9 models seem to have a lot less poor reviews then the V3 versions.

Seems alright.

Associate
Feedback from the wife is all positive.

I’m sure a £200 no brand would have been better than our old one however. :)

I hope you mansplained it to her first and then let her get on with it. It is always the man who gets saddled with the research and highly technical forum searching for the wives to then have the fun of using the machine for its carefully researched lifespan.

My Father in Law, when newly married, explained exactly how his mother made rice pudding to his then new wife. Many, many years later that is still the only time he has ever made rice pudding...

It always amazed me how the Koreans can be so advanced from washing machines to cars when we seem not be able to make anything in the UK any more. Nice washing machine by the way!

Soldato
From the research we did it seems the popular brands go:

Miele > LG/Bosch > Samsung > Beko >>> Hotpoint/Indesit/Zanussi etc.

Bosch and Siemens are effectively the same, literally interchangeable parts within the same generation apart from plastic fascia/control boards. The only thing more reliable/better supported as you say is a Miele, but at a price. I made the ‘mistake’ of buying a Dyson circa 20 years ago, it’s not put a foot wrong yet, but support is long gone. Beko down is just disposable sadly.

Associate
Late entry here, but a worthy recommendation, I have always previously bought Siemens washing machines but having had a few niggles with the last one I recently bought a JohnLewis own brand one, its really very good, gets great reviews and rightly so. I can't give you any words of wisdom on reliability but I'm pleased with mine so far, its really quiet, washes well, easy to use.

Back
Top Bottom