Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Commissario
I bought a Wowstick some time ago and it was utter junk. It didn't have enough torque to undo the vast majority of the screws I tried, even ones that weren't that hight when opened with a hand screwdriver.
You were doing it wrong - When the motor's not engaged, you twist it like a normal screwdriver to loosen the screw and then push the button to do all the spinny work to take the screw all the way out. Same for doing it back up, you use the motor to spin it back in and then just give it a little manual twist to tighten. That way you're guaranteed not to knacker the head of the screw, over tighten it or strip the thread.

Soldato
You were doing it wrong - When the motor's not engaged, you twist it like a normal screwdriver to loosen the screw and then push the button to do all the spinny work to take the screw all the way out. Same for doing it back up, you use the motor to spin it back in and then just give it a little manual twist to tighten. That way you're guaranteed not to knacker the head of the screw, over tighten it or strip the thread.

I wondered if that is how it was meant to be used but with mine when the motor wasn't engaged the bit would spin. Not freely, but it moved enough that I'd have to get another screwdriver to crack the screw.

So it does seem that mine was faulty.

Associate

So let me get this straight, you use a motor, for the easy bit, and still have to do the hard bit manually.

Sound.

Soldato
So let me get this straight, you use a motor, for the easy bit, and still have to do the hard bit manually.

Sound.

I mean the motor does the annoying repetitive bit that takes the longest time, much quicker than you can do manually, and you do the bit that takes a tenth of a second manually...

Man of Honour
New MacBook Air with M1 CPU.

IMG-3166.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
New office, desk, cables, sound deadening etc..

FAnUBys.png

Compared to my old broom cupboard it's fair to say I'm incredibly happy, albeit now incredibly skint to boot :p

The almost complete lack of cables makes me rather happy, but in the back of my mind, I know my knees have to constantly stare at this:

qrmtBB0.png

Which sit/stand desk did you go for buddy? Are the monitors attached to the wall, or the desk? Sorry if that sounds like a random question I just cant see a pole attaching the screens to the desk :) Maybe I am blind :)

Don
Which sit/stand desk did you go for buddy? Are the monitors attached to the wall, or the desk? Sorry if that sounds like a random question I just cant see a pole attaching the screens to the desk :) Maybe I am blind :)

Wish I hadn't looked for the desk again, it's got £50 off :p https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08PCX7FPS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , it's amazing quality for the price I can't recommend it highly enough :)

the worktop was made for me by a mate, it's "just" oak, it got a good oiling the other day and is now even more lovely!

Monitor wise, they are attached to the wall via something like this : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Suptek-Art...wall+mount+monitor+arm&qid=1617954924&sr=8-20

Soldato
I thought it a little odd to have movable desk, but fixed monitors? I've never really considered the moving desk, but it's got me thinking. Maybe I'll do it myself at some point, could have some good benefits.

Soldato
I was going to comment on how well you've done to baby those Companion 5's for so long - but turns out they still make/sell them new. I'm still rocking Companion 3's (the series which is essentially smaller versions of the 5's) some 9 years on.

Have you mounted the sub to the desk @Will Gill ?

Soldato
I thought it a little odd to have movable desk, but fixed monitors? I've never really considered the moving desk, but it's got me thinking. Maybe I'll do it myself at some point, could have some good benefits.

It's great to be able to stand up while at a desk now and then. We use these at work.

Back
Top Bottom