Has anyone had issues with Arc/E-Arc with LG TV and LG Soundbar?

Associate
Hi All,

I have been having lots of issues with the above since the end of December. Initially I had an LG SJ810V 55" tv and an SL8YG sound bar and it was so incredibly intermittent with its arc connection and had to have its mainboard replaced after they found a short on the arc port. After replacement of the mainboard the same issues were present.

I took the opportunity to upgrade the tv to a 55" CX55 and has similar drop out issues with the arc connection. I have tried all sorts of cables fancy super expensive certified ones and cheaper ones.

The shop have leant me an SN9 sound bar to test with and it seems very intermittent also on arc, but when enabling E-arc on the CX55 with the SN9 (SL8YG doesn't have E-arc) it seems a lot more stable, but often loses control from the tvs magic remote for adjusting the volume, so then when it does that I have to use the sound bar remote to control the volume.

The new TV is about 3 weeks old and I had an LG engineer come out this week and they have suggested based on all the testing I have done, that the new tv now needs a replacement mainboard. On a 3 week old tv!! I know these days the mainboard is about the only replacement part in them as everything is built into it.

This has been such a massive frustration for me and its definitely affecting my mental health. I like LG products and the 55CX is excellent. But I thought an LG TV would work with an LG sound bar.

Has anyone experienced such issues or have any advice?

Soldato
Can't comment on your actual issue, but it's the reason why I chose to go for the Sonos Arc over the LG soundbar. I just know too many people who had issues like yours, with constant sound drop outs, and always disconnecting. My friend had a similar issue to yours where he got two replacement TV's and two replacement soundbars and in the end he also gave up as was tearing his hair out. He borrowed my arc for a weekend and didn't have a single issue so ditched the LG soundbar.

Also if you TV is 3 weeks old, they shouldn't be replacing the board, should be a like for like TV swap, but I don't think it will fix the issue.

Can you confirm on the TV you have also set the audio to pass-through with earc enabled?

Soldato
I’ve had audio dropouts on my 65” B6 since I bought it new. It’s a few years old now. This is using the optical out. I did try arc out but that wa doing all kind of weird stuff so I settled on the odd tiny drop with optical. Was hoping firmware update would fix it as engineers could never isolate the issue. I’ve seen lots of similar issues on the LG forums so it seems quite widespread.

Very disappointing on such an expensive TV.

Associate
OP
Can't comment on your actual issue, but it's the reason why I chose to go for the Sonos Arc over the LG soundbar. I just know too many people who had issues like yours, with constant sound drop outs, and always disconnecting. My friend had a similar issue to yours where he got two replacement TV's and two replacement soundbars and in the end he also gave up as was tearing his hair out. He borrowed my arc for a weekend and didn't have a single issue so ditched the LG soundbar.

Also if you TV is 3 weeks old, they shouldn't be replacing the board, should be a like for like TV swap, but I don't think it will fix the issue.

Can you confirm on the TV you have also set the audio to pass-through with earc enabled?

Ok crikey! I dont like the sound of that but it does not surprise me to be fair! The shop have agreed to swap the tv for a new one of the same model as its so new. I have indeed enabled e-arc on the tv and it displays e-arc on the front of the soundbar.

If the tv swapout doesnt fix things, I might look at trying another brand of soundbar and the Sonus was on my list, I went with the LG one as it got good reviews and matched the tv,

Associate
OP
I’ve had audio dropouts on my 65” B6 since I bought it new. It’s a few years old now. This is using the optical out. I did try arc out but that wa doing all kind of weird stuff so I settled on the odd tiny drop with optical. Was hoping firmware update would fix it as engineers could never isolate the issue. I’ve seen lots of similar issues on the LG forums so it seems quite widespread.

Very disappointing on such an expensive TV.

Yeah totally agree, these things are not cheap are they and you would expect (I would anyway) that an LG TV would work with an LG soundbar, no matter if they are expensive models or not really. I have also seen a lot of reports of people with various issues so its really dissapointing to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom