• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core i7-11700K beats Ryzen 9 5950X by 8% in Geekbench 5 single-core benchmark

Soldato
OP
Not bad Dave, not bad. But you'll need better to beat the 5950X with PBO. :)
159i3kW.png

Sorry for necro, but had to get back to @LtMatt

Still playing with my 11900k (fun chip to OC) - currently on a NH-D15 while I build a custom loop. Settled on a conservative +1bin above the stock Intel TVB, so +100Mhz in each scenario. This keeps temperatures completely under control, even on air, though my CPU is above average quality, and has lower than usual voltage reference points for each core.

This means first two cores running at 5.4Ghz in lightly threaded applications.

Anyhow, delivered a better score than your 5950X with PBO for single thread. Obviously you smoke this in multi-thread :p

0ioN6gr.png

Caporegime

Still playing with my 11900k (fun chip to OC) - currently on a NH-D15 while I build a custom loop. Settled on a conservative +1bin above the stock Intel TVB, so +100Mhz in each scenario. This keeps temperatures completely under control, even on air, though my CPU is above average quality, and has lower than usual voltage reference points for each core.

Anyhow, delivered a better score than your 5950X with PBO for single thread. Obviously you smoke this in multi-thread :p

0ioN6gr.png
Not bad sir, I will give this a run tomorrow as I don’t think that was my best run.

Please post a Cinebench R23 ST and MT score also in the benchmark thread. :)

Associate
I had AMD 5800X did 700+ single and 7000+multi CPU-z ,so LTMatt bust out your e-peen,if I remember correctly I had 5200Mhz on single core AMD Optimizer.
Anyway the whole Intel AMD thing is stupid and I notice a lot of people going hard for Intel. Raising prices and removing cores for the normal person, that is just crappy. I can say the Intel 10900K in Canada is $200 cheaper and is a great price for the Intel chip,I bought a 10850K for cheap and it works great.

Caporegime

0ioN6gr.png

Managed this, 718.9.

5950X with PBO enabled and curve optimizer set.

ipROfif.png

I am sure I can reach closer to 720 if i do a cold run. :)

Soldato
reviewers do need to replace cinebnch with geekbench, cinebench is convenient and free,, but still isnt representative of real world usage.

Soldato
reviewers do need to replace cinebnch with geekbench, cinebench is convenient and free,, but still isnt representative of real world usage.
Geekbench and Cinebench are fairly equally representative of Single threaded use. The problem that you are highlighting is that neither Single threaded scores are really representative of many programs and games which use between 2 and 8 threads. For better 'real world'that we need a benchmark where you can select the amount of threads to be used.

Soldato
Geekbench and Cinebench are fairly equally representative of Single threaded use. The problem that you are highlighting is that neither Single threaded scores are really representative of many programs and games which use between 2 and 8 threads. For better 'real world'that we need a benchmark where you can select the amount of threads to be used.

geekbench has multiple tests for different types of workload it isnt just one test which is what makes it good.

cinebench is basically just an encoder.

Soldato
Mgeekbench is trash no one should be using that

Soldato
geekbench has multiple tests for different types of workload it isnt just one test which is what makes it good.

cinebench is basically just an encoder.
Where in Geekbench can you get a relative score for something that only uses say 8 threads? The last time I used version 3/4/5 it only gives a Single Core Score and Multi Core Score. In this regard it is not much better or worse than Cinebench.

Mgeekbench is trash no one should be using that
Exactly why is that? If you could give a more qualitative reasoning then that would be more informative. i.e. does it favour one brand over the other, are the results skewed in an unfair way etc.

Caporegime
Geekbench has AVX 512, something Zen 3 doesn't so it will be slower.

It the only thing Intel can win in, its why Geekbench scores were "leaked" over and over and over and over and over and over and over...... again in the build up to Rocket Lake launch, or rather pre-orders before official benchmarks.

And people wonder why others are so cynical about Intel.

Soldato
Hey Humbug

found this on Reddit, this guy's 5600x hit the lotto jackpot

2133mhz fclk!

ldgu56e340s61.jpg

Back
Top Bottom