Dr Marten alternatives

Permabanned
Solovair are great and British made. Dr Martens haven't been the same since the buyout, manufacturing standards and materials just don't meet that same standard of 10-20 years ago.

I believe Solovair actually manufacture in the old Doc plant as well which is kind of ironic.

If you're looking for something cheap however then just go onto Asos and look at the boots there. There's always plenty of off brand stuff being sold on the cheap. I'd spend a decent whack though, especially if you're getting boots you'll wear often.

Soldato
Looking for decent shoes / boots for work. Nothing industrial. Just hard wearing, long lasting.
If you wanted Doc Martens for the clompy boot aspect, there are plenty of combat boots available (new and surplus), especially if you want to avoid the rambler/hiker look.
Same sources will usually offer parade shoes for a more 'dress' look, which are definitely hard wearing and smart looking.

Caporegime
^^^ was going to say the same, gotta be plenty of army surplus stores out there offering the old-style black boots.

Soldato
Looking for decent shoes / boots for work. Nothing industrial. Just hard wearing, long lasting.

Do you need steel caps or?

Dewalt Titanium are very decent for under £100 regardless, they've a few other boot ranges worth a look too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...43679ce197e5eb9d496954009&language=en_GB&th=1

The tan actually looks decent for general use, you might be able to find them for less elsewhere.

I'm far from the type to spend a lot on clothing, but when it comes to long lasting boots or shoes you really do get what you pay for. I've pairs of boots I've had for almost a decade that still look great, but those cost me over the £130-150 range.

Last edited:
Soldato
^^^ was going to say the same, gotta be plenty of army surplus stores out there offering the old-style black boots.
Actually a lot fewer British ones, now that we have switched from BCH/Assault/ProBoot to the brown Altbergs and Haix that look more like Meindl hiking boots.
But there are plenty of things like the Austrian paraboots and the Dutch M90s.

Back
Top Bottom