Can someone give me a reason not to detest Gwyneth Paltrow?

Man of Honour
She created a brand called Goop that sells questionable to actually dangerous snake oil at excessive prices.

https://www.insider.com/gwyneth-paltrow-defends-selling-vaginal-eggs-says-not-dangerous-2021-2

So don’t buy it, Waitrose sell Stolychnya vodka, but Tesco sell it for less than Waitrose, so I buy mine from Tesco.
Do the mugs buying Gwyneth’s snake oil have a gun to their head?
She did a reasonable job in “Shakespeare in Love”, so why should anyone hate her?

Caporegime
is gwyneth paltrow the skank one who worked as a waitress and was desperate to get famous and didn;t mind using her body to do it.
I always forget which one that was

Soldato
She sort of crept under my radar, the name brings to mind a slim attractive actress, looking at her career I think she's done some OK stuff and stuff to bring the money in.
Obviously has her head screwed on business wise.
No reason to dislike, and vegan wins points in my world.
There's always going to be the nodding dogs in these threads, the ones who probebly joined in with the bullying at school but from a very safe distance

Soldato
Seriously OP, stop worrying about what other people do and focus on yourself!
If everyone did that the world would be far less toxic.

Soldato
Can someone give me a reason not to detest Gwyneth Paltrow?
Pretty basic, but... how about the fact that you've never even met her, or that your only knowledge of her comes from heresay and biassed media outlets who make money through peddling tarted-up sensationalism?
Go meet her, get to know her for a bit, and then judge.

There are people out there raping and torturing children to death, yet you seem more concerned with some actress selling candles. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Pretty basic, but... how about the fact that you've never even met her, or that your only knowledge of her comes from heresay and biassed media outlets who make money through peddling tarted-up sensationalism?
Go meet her, get to know her for a bit, and then judge.

There are people out there raping and torturing children to death, yet you seem more concerned with some actress selling candles. :rolleyes:

Can’t argue much with that, nail on head I’d say, unfortunately it will probably sail right over the heads of the sheep.

Back
Top Bottom