• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Caporegime
You could tell there was a drop at AMD.com today. The website was down (503) all afternoon, until it finally came back and everything was OOS.

You can only buy from AMD.com if you are a bot :p Humans need not apply.

Associate
You could tell there was a drop at AMD.com today. The website was down (503) all afternoon, until it finally came back and everything was OOS.

I think if you're based in the UK you've got no chance anyway. They are not delivering to the UK at the moment :( We need OCUK to become thier distribution parter :)

Associate
I was now considering maybe updating my pentium rig instead because they added memory overclocking to B560 boards, but they are just re using 10th gen cores on 11th series Pentium and I3 chips so no.

Associate
OP... Not given up but not really actively looking, will like end up sitting this out till normal supply returns. Schools will be back next week, people will start returning to work soon and the better weather will likely take people away from their computers. All this GPU silly supply and pricing will drop off at some point.

V F

V F

Soldato
OP... Not given up but not really actively looking, will like end up sitting this out till normal supply returns. Schools will be back next week, people will start returning to work soon and the better weather will likely take people away from their computers. All this GPU silly supply and pricing will drop off at some point.

It was happening last September.

Soldato

I don't think there was an actual GB drop today, it was all Europe ES, IT, GE etc. Anyone that actually even managed to get onto the Europe pages were met with no delivery to the UK. There was an Ireland link previously that worked but even that just redirects back to GB site now...

All the twitter alerts designate which region they're dropped from and not a single one was GB.

Caporegime
If mining doesn't die down, I honestly don't think I'm going to be able to get a GPU for a couple years. Not paying £500+ on a 3060 (lol). Not paying £750+ for a 3070 (lol). Not paying £1000+ for a 6800XT.

But if anything prices are going up right now. Thought they were dipping last week but clearly was mistaken.

The whole situation is beyond crazy now. It's looking crazy and here to stay, long term.

Associate
I don't want to pay anything more than £650 for a reference 3080, or however much a reference 3080 Ti will cost.

I got my Gigabyte Windforce 1080 Ti when it was on this week offer for £719, then a few weeks later all 1080 Tis were sold out and £999 for the cheapest ones.

Mining / Scalping needs stopping somehow.

Man of Honour
There are so many 6700 XTs on that auction place it is crazy. Every man and his dog is scalping now.

The manufacturers really need to address this.

Maybe they could void warranties on cards sold on within a month of initial purchase.

Or maybe they could do a cash back scheme where the MSRP is several hundred pound higher which can be claimed back 6 weeks after purchase providing that the user can prove they still have the card.

ATM I have stopped buying PC parts until the situation improves.

Instead I am doing some serious gaming on my 5950X based system, it is the best CPU I have ever used as it can run games at levels Intel just could not handle.

Associate
Maybe they could void warranties on cards sold on within a month of initial purchase.

Interestingly, the Sale of Goods Act says:

(1)If section 48A above applies, the buyer may require the seller—
(a)to repair the goods, or (b)to replace the goods.

(2)If the buyer requires the seller to repair or replace the goods, the seller must—
(a)repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience to the buyer;
(b)bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

I would be good to see some buyers take the scalpers to court if their cards fail. If you also appear that for most second hand items, warranties are invalid.

Soldato

No chance is it anyones interest for this to go back to normal ? Only gamers

Might as well keep holding stock back and drip feed supply

Caporegime
Interestingly, the Sale of Goods Act says:

(1)If section 48A above applies, the buyer may require the seller—
(a)to repair the goods, or (b)to replace the goods.

(2)If the buyer requires the seller to repair or replace the goods, the seller must—
(a)repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience to the buyer;
(b)bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

I would be good to see some buyers take the scalpers to court if their cards fail. If you also appear that for most second hand items, warranties are invalid.

^^Only applies to business sellers.

You have no right of repair or replace if you buy something 2nd hand from a non-business seller. Those goods are sold "as seen" with no warranty, implied or otherwise.

Pretty much the only law applicable to private sales is that you can't lie about the goods you're selling.

Associate
Just bought all the components for a new 5800x PC, minus the GPU.

I'm going to use my old gtx970 for now, hopefully i'll get some benefits moving from an i5 3470 / 8gb ram to 5800x with 32gb.

Associate
I expect GPU stocks to be dumped once eth PoS goes fully online in early 2022. Combined with the likely end of bull run there should be some cheap options as all miners race to the bottom trying to get rid of their supplies.

Back
Top Bottom