• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

forum deal?

Associate
That's a bummer.. So if they drop a better card I have to quickly sell this card on MM before ordering.. Doesn't sound likely..
I'm grateful to get this card, but something better would also be nice..

I don't think selling the first card would make any difference - you still already had your 1 deal priced GPU.

They've also already said a forum sign up list is not feasible and I'm guessing monitoring the MM and removing blocks from shop accounts would be even worse!

Soldato
I dont think their will be another public deal, the code was leaked within minutes. Those that had their orders cancelled due to scalping, those that used bots and placed an order for a £10k card and those that couldn't get hold of it basically cried and moaned on discord. The amount of childish comments and on their was ridiculous, even now i see it the endless name calling blah blah blah.

Associate
I dont think their will be another public deal, the code was leaked within minutes. Those that had their orders cancelled due to scalping, those that used bots and placed an order for a £10k card and those that couldn't get hold of it basically cried and moaned on discord. The amount of childish comments and on their was ridiculous, even now i see it the endless name calling blah blah blah.
Is there an OcUK Discord or are you referencing some different server?

Associate
It was leaked to Discord with in minutes and now they are looking at a different way to do it ..for next time

At least the public one stayed live for 40 minutes nearly

But have see multiple cards on ebay with the same boxes and packing mine was delivered in

Associate

I got mine after 25 minutes and well chuffed it performs excellently will last a while

A nice jump from my old rx5700 non xt which funded it so a free upgrade

Permabanned
That's a bummer.. So if they drop a better card I have to quickly sell this card on MM before ordering.. Doesn't sound likely..
I'm grateful to get this card, but something better would also be nice..

I think that's wrong, as you've already purchased a deal card you won't be able to purchase another. Even if you sell the old one.

They check and cancel orders of those who try and order multiples. Attempting to stop people scalping and people buying moee than one to mine on.

At least you've managed to get a current generation card. :)

Caporegime
I'm after another 6800XT but only because my current one doesn't have very good silicon and I love to tweak! Shame it's not letting me :(

Will sell my current one off at cost though, and make sure it's to a gamer (tbf miners don't seem too interested in the XT, just the 6800 which is good!).

It's still a bloody bloody good card though and boosts well, no big deal if I'm wedded to it for a while :D

Soldato
I'm after another 6800XT but only because my current one doesn't have very good silicon and I love to tweak! Shame it's not letting me :(

Will sell my current one off at cost though, and make sure it's to a gamer (tbf miners don't seem too interested in the XT, just the 6800 which is good!).

It's still a bloody bloody good card though and boosts well, no big deal if I'm wedded to it for a while :D

Im afetr a 6900XT for the same reason - been reading mining on a 6800 is just the same, but i would like a step up from this 6700XT for gaming.

Associate

Yep it's the same hashrate as the 6800 and the 3070 class cards for more money so less return for miners. I'm very happy with mine as a gaming card.

Soldato
Is there an OcUK Discord or are you referencing some different server?
Different servers, there's a few where people are actually facebook stalking the owners/employees at OCUK and plastering their photo's all over discord while name calling and chatting ****. It ****** me off, there's no need for it at all, i've never seen such childish behaviour and no doubt these aren't kids but grown ass men doing it.

Soldato
Different servers, there's a few where people are actually facebook stalking the owners/employees at OCUK and plastering their photo's all over discord while name calling and chatting ****. It ****** me off, there's no need for it at all, i've never seen such childish behaviour and no doubt these aren't kids but grown ass men doing it.

That's disgraceful.

Permabanned

That really is pathetic behaviour. Although people never cease to amaze with poor behaviour.

Associate
Slightly off subject but just seen sky news headlines 10.00pm it is gonna show a chinese crypto mining farm looked like hundreds of GPU's....lol

Last edited:
Associate
I'm drawing a dichotomy between a computer parts enthusiast and a gamer here. One of the two certainly gets more mileage out of the product than the other.

I sometimes spend more time min-maxing the settings for a game for optimal fps/fidelity ratio than actually playing it, but that doesn't happen often.
Yes I often play more than talk about my system :)

Back
Top Bottom