Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Looking for some advise on the most efficient way to remove swirls from the Black Gloss Panels between front and rear doors.

Not sure how people manage it but even on near new cars I see these swirled to a disgraceful level and unfortunately the one I have just bought isn’t any different.

Your best bet is to install some Self Healing PPF - it will heal with a little heat and any marks will disappear. Any ceramic coating or similar won't stop these areas from looking a state within a few washes. Only Porsche use a different paint/process providing a robust finish in these areas on newer Macan/Cayenne.

PPF is a no brainer to keep these looking fresh

Soldato
Suggestions for a long-ish lasting sealant?

Wasn't overly impressed with the durability of Gtechnique C2 a year or so ago, in comparison to something like EGP which is cheap and cheerful. Haven't kept my nose in what's recommended lately!

Don't mind a manual application or a wash & rinse. White paint, doesn't need to set the world on fire. Thanks.

Associate
Suggestions for a long-ish lasting sealant?

Wasn't overly impressed with the durability of Gtechnique C2 a year or so ago, in comparison to something like EGP which is cheap and cheerful. Haven't kept my nose in what's recommended lately!

Don't mind a manual application or a wash & rinse. White paint, doesn't need to set the world on fire. Thanks.

C2 is crap and always has been tbh.

The new 303 Graphene Spray Coating is incredible and about £20.

https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/products/303-graphene-nano-spray-coating

Soldato
yes seen good reviews on that 303 Graphene... BennyC you might want to also consider Garage Therapy 3 CS, plenty of youtube reviews on it and highly rated.

So it's like Sonax BSD :p

Graphene nano ninotube winno giga tetrahedral infused graphitic microstructured inverse infused phase-change martensitic transformed ceramic polymer coating.

Soldato
Ordered some replacement resin for the Raceglaze last night. It won't be here until Monday, but I thought I'd empty the filter last night anyway in preparation. Bin day today, so the old resin could go straight into a bag.

Jesus Christ. Getting the top off the Raceglaze was an effort. Getting purchase on the cylinder was bad enough, but even then, with me sitting on it, the only way I could undo the top was by hitting it with a rubber mallet. I was hoping that once I'd cracked it off, it would unscrew easily, but the thread was so tight, I had to keep tapping away at it until it was almost completely undone. After emptying the resin, I rinsed the filter and gave the threads a good clean, figured I'd make sure the top could go back on easily....nope. Even after cleaning the threads and applying a liberal amount of silicone grease, the thread is still incredibly tight. Glad this is a job I'll only have to do once a year.

Wouldn't want to meet the absolute unit who's job it is at Raceglaze HQ to tighten these things up.

Soldato
Ordered some replacement resin for the Raceglaze last night. It won't be here until Monday, but I thought I'd empty the filter last night anyway in preparation. Bin day today, so the old resin could go straight into a bag.

Jesus Christ. Getting the top off the Raceglaze was an effort. Getting purchase on the cylinder was bad enough, but even then, with me sitting on it, the only way I could undo the top was by hitting it with a rubber mallet. I was hoping that once I'd cracked it off, it would unscrew easily, but the thread was so tight, I had to keep tapping away at it until it was almost completely undone. After emptying the resin, I rinsed the filter and gave the threads a good clean, figured I'd make sure the top could go back on easily....nope. Even after cleaning the threads and applying a liberal amount of silicone grease, the thread is still incredibly tight. Glad this is a job I'll only have to do once a year.

Wouldn't want to meet the absolute unit who's job it is at Raceglaze HQ to tighten these things up.

I'll be needing to do this soon too.. what resin did you end up getting? Raceglaze or something else? I did remove my top when I got it new and it came undone without too much trouble so I'm half hoping that your unit is a on odd one out :D

Soldato
Your best bet is to install some Self Healing PPF - it will heal with a little heat and any marks will disappear. Any ceramic coating or similar won't stop these areas from looking a state within a few washes. Only Porsche use a different paint/process providing a robust finish in these areas on newer Macan/Cayenne.

PPF is a no brainer to keep these looking fresh

Might be something to look at having done as when the sun hits them they really do look appalling, but first I need the finish correcting, not sure how to approach them tbh, not in a rush but will get aim to get it done in a couple of weeks time.

Soldato
I'll be needing to do this soon too.. what resin did you end up getting? Raceglaze or something else? I did remove my top when I got it new and it came undone without too much trouble so I'm half hoping that your unit is a on odd one out :D

I ordered from Vyair: https://www.vyair.com/mixed-bed-di-...iecz21VPds05P-KaOz8sK05KO17xpGKRoCnNsQAvD_BwE
I paid £45 for a 10l bag, so a bit cheaper than from RG themselves. If you just google "MB115 resin" there are other places where you can buy 25 litre bags, but I figured I'd just go for what I need on the first try.

Soldato
Does anyone have issues with snow foam lances?

I seem to have to buy a new one every year and even then the current one is already rubbish.

At first they foam up really well but after a short period of time they stop foaming up so much.

I have Bilt Hamber so aware it doesn't foam as much as others but even with using other brands with a high concentration I just don't get that foaming action after very few uses.

I don't live in a hard water area so don't have limescale issues. I can never work out why it keeps happening.

Soldato

I seem to have to buy a new one every year and even then the current one is already rubbish.

At first they foam up really well but after a short period of time they stop foaming up so much.

I have Bilt Hamber so aware it doesn't foam as much as others but even with using other brands with a high concentration I just don't get that foaming action after very few uses.

I don't live in a hard water area so don't have limescale issues. I can never work out why it keeps happening.

Are you cleaning and rinsing out after each use? The gauze inside will gunk up if not

Soldato

As above, probably just needs a clean out.

I've had to do this once, a couple of years ago. But now, what I do, is after I've finished with the lance, I fill the bottle with hot water, and just run it through the lance for 30 seconds or so, before putting it away. I haven't had to disassemble it for cleaning since.

Soldato
I ordered from Vyair: https://www.vyair.com/mixed-bed-di-...iecz21VPds05P-KaOz8sK05KO17xpGKRoCnNsQAvD_BwE
I paid £45 for a 10l bag, so a bit cheaper than from RG themselves. If you just google "MB115 resin" there are other places where you can buy 25 litre bags, but I figured I'd just go for what I need on the first try.

Perfect! Thanks. I'll be ordering that soon.

It'll he clogged up. I usually end up spraying clean water through it at the end just to get any soap out as that is what clogs them up as it dries out.

Associate
After purchasing some products to clean the wheels recently as they are Matte and the snow foam/wash mic I was using (I have a selection of snow foams - Autobrite Magifoam, ValetPro Foamula 1 and Bilt Hamber Auto Foam) and wash (GTechniq G Wash, Autobrite Banana Gloss) didn't really do much for the look/left smears so I bought the following:

Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Auto Wash for Satin Finish & Matte Finish Paint
Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer

And some Autobrite Well Dressed for the tyres (unfortunately before the sale started!)

I can confirm that the Matte wash and detailer do a great job, although I can't decide if the tyre gel is as good/long lasting as the Meguiars endurance high gloss gel I also have, but possibly suits the look of the wheels better.

I then decided to purchase this high pressure gun and nozzle kit from AutoBrite (well elsewhere, as they were out of stock) which will get tested this weekend to see if it's easier/better than just the variable power lance the jetwash has already, at the very least it should stop the hose constantly getting twisted! And a 6m hose for the pressure washer as well to speed up walking around the car without having to move it constantly!

20210409133024-b9c28f38-xx.jpg

The car is also due in for some care and coating in a couple of weeks so should be easier to keep on top of keeping it nice and clean :)

Associate
Anyone had issue with their Nilfisk? I currently have a c120 and it’s been intermittent the last two times Iv used it. Any idea’s if it is repairable or do I just buy a new one.

Soldato
Anyone had issue with their Nilfisk? I currently have a c120 and it’s been intermittent the last two times Iv used it. Any idea’s if it is repairable or do I just buy a new one.

Could it be this: https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=337634

Quick google search found this place selling parts: https://northwestpowerwashers.co.uk

I'm planning to fix one (can't recall which exact model it is) as I reckon it's worth having a go before recycling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom