• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Rab

Rab

Associate
that some massive rise on the 5950 in 1 day. (shame on You OC)
deffo gonna w8 on things getting better with cpu, even if take months, wont pay those sky rocket prices. (unless some place get back to rrp prices or close, this just greed from most shops)
money here to burn of a few upgrades, just need to w8 and hope for best.

Associate
They seem to be the only uk retailer who have any large enough stock so they can charge what they want. Its actually cheaper to import at that price.
Having a large stock shouldn't mean higher prices, if anything it should be the opposite surely? Ugh i remember back in the good ol days when Overclockers used to be somewhat competitive! This is pure price gouging and like Rab said... Shame on you Overclockers!

Associate
Having a large stock shouldn't mean higher prices, if anything it should be the opposite surely? Ugh i remember back in the good ol days when Overclockers used to be somewhat competitive! This is pure price gouging and like Rab said... Shame on you Overclockers!
Agreed. They seem to be overpriced on a lot of things nowadays. Shame really.

Associate
So being somewhat miffed by this price this morning i contacted overclockers (aside from signing up to this forum to have a moan too) and they have just responded with "This is the price we have set due to fluctuations in pricing for this product with our suppliers. Sorry for any disappointment this may cause!".

I think they need new suppliers! XD

Associate
Wow - I've just seen the price on the 5950x, and at time of writing its still 10+ stock. Have you finally found how much people are NOT willing to pay ?

A quick look around shows I can buy a 5950x + motherboard bundle for another £40 from elsewhere. A motherboard that OC price themselves at £220 ...

I'm sorry overclockers, this is why you have become my vendor of last resort

Stu

Stu

Soldato
To confirm something. Some vendors may give you the impression that a Farcry 6 game code will be provided along with your shiny new Ryzen CPU. AMD confirmed directly to me today that this code is definitely no longer redeemable. No matter when your CPU was ordered. "Don't believe the Hype"! (remember them?)

Are you certain AMD are not giving out codes still for launch day orders? Last time I contacted them they indicated they would still consider individual requests depending on circumstances.

Soldato
I just added one to my cart thinking it must be RRP if it's from Overclockers but then thought it seemed a lot so did a quick Google for RRP. :o Didn't realise Overclockers would ramp up the price that much, even a little seems cheeky but wow, £210 hike up!!! Looks like I'll be waiting a little longer to get one at RRP. :/

Last edited:
Soldato
OC scalping us to death lol

Supply and demand, simple as and don't have a problem with it. If I was a retailer that maybe wanted to sell some extra boards, I'd be selling as a bundle option. People that desperate for it, upsell it with other kit.. I'm glad I'm off this PC upgrading treadmill :)

Associate
Are you certain AMD are not giving out codes still for launch day orders? Last time I contacted them they indicated they would still consider individual requests depending on circumstances.

Yes I am sure. I wrote to them after receiving my code, emailed to me when the CPU was dispatched. They were very clear that the Farcry 6 offer had expired so I wouldn't be sbke to redeem it (I had tried, at their website). I had ordered the 5900x on launch day. I told them this.

Associate
If you can buy same CPU+Mobo+RAM for almost the same price as the CPU is on OCUK, then you're doing something wrong lol.
Good that I don't need a CPU but it must suck for those that are actually trying to buy one.

Associate
28% above the actual retail price. I have always found them (overclockers) to be overpriced but this is borderline scam. That's how you lose permanently customers.

Back
Top Bottom