Prince Philip has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
A very distinguised naval career and, for me, a national treasure and I hope he has found peace.

As an anecdote, I used to work with a lass who was injured in a police vehicle in a pursuit and she went to one of the police treatment centres for physio, Harrogate I think but I might be wrong.

Anyway, Prince Phillip was a guest during her stay and standing beside the lass I know was another lass from another force who was also injured in a police vehicle crash and Phillip asked the lass I know why she was there then the lass next to her said why. Phillip's reply ?

' It doesn't say much for women drivers. '

Slightly contentious in this day and age but I was bad laughing when she told me and she said the whole place fell about laughing when he said it.

Soldato
Honestly it's hard to be sad or anything for someone making it to 99 years old. That's a decent long life, lots of people will miss him deeply though his wife especially. Rest in peace.

Associate
Was probably one of the naturally happiest member of the royal family
Even after he crashed his car, still smiling
Should have made it to 100
RIP

Man of Honour
Isnt there an island somewhere where the natives think Phillip is a god or something, wonder what happens there now, do they just change to worshipping Charles?

Caporegime
Nearly 75 years of service to this country in wartime and peace, and some - on social media, not here I’m pleased to see - have the nerve to abuse him. They should give their heads a shake.

RIP, Duke of Edinburgh. You might not have been everyones favorite. But you used your position many times, to say what many of us minions were thinking, inspired millions and served your country with courage and dignity.
Thank you Sir.

Soldato
Sad news, despite never meeting him it feels like a personal loss as he's just been a fixture for so many years.

RIP, he will be missed especially by his family, but also throughout the country and across the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom