The Thing 3D Printed Case

Associate
That’s very impressive.

I must admit though, my first reaction on seeing the thread title was “How do you know what shape it’s going to be when you wake up in the morning?” :)

Associate
oh wow, congratulations, that's gonna look really good, and be bang upto date hardware wise too, and with those watercooling parts as mentioned before, you must be well chuffed.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Now all of the white parts are printed with PETG and i love the pure white color of the filament.

I ordered orange PETG and TPU (for the legs)

SaRmsPs.jpg

Raiser cable cover fits nicely

FXe6ngH.jpg

LVVHYgv.jpg

5DhjzS1.jpg

I think four of these will hold the two parts together

D2vLPDp.jpg

I added magnet for the side grill for easy access

MQhu7zg.jpg

xeE1bXq.jpg

Other side there is now power button hole and pass through for the pump power cable.

ZTKbjbu.jpg

Associate
That looks amazing as is. Maybe some cleaniler tubing as the soft stuff you used does look used (I know you did mention that for the components).

I much prefer the look of soft tubing when I can be made as tidy as you know doubt could.

Associate
OP
That looks amazing as is. Maybe some cleaniler tubing as the soft stuff you used does look used (I know you did mention that for the components).

I much prefer the look of soft tubing when I can be made as tidy as you know doubt could.

I am going to use hardline for this build. For test i used soft tubing.

I did test assembly of the case.

B3cv68L.jpg

FpAm4TT.jpg

uZv7Pr0.jpg

rgAEcxf.jpg

Nzm1SwY.jpg

Associate
OP
I tested the new parts on the case and noticed one design flaw. First time i had older mb and it didnt have backplate so there was room for cables. But this new one has backplate and there is no room.
So i have to do some re design and print new ones :D

yuXR3FS.jpg

2EDHdXu.jpg

XjChWlW.jpg

And i did power button cover:p

rUAg7eb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom