What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
We have to go on a day our number plate matches even number even date ect.
Go to tip at Tintagel or Newquay so always an excuse for a nice mooch afterwards
Edit /as for jobs, moved an unknown tree bought for a fiver at nursery (staff had no idea), into greenhouse, see what happens)

Soldato
The mostly manly job I've done today is move the cars off the drive so that the contractors could widen our dropped kerb. We're almost tripling the dropped length so it'll be a hell of a lot easier to get both cars on the drive.

Soldato
Very clean, how do you easily got up there now?

Thanks. Its still a loft hatch to get into it as we've got a hipped roof and there was no obvious place to put stairs without either losing a bedroom or having to change the roof to a gable roof.

It's only ever going to be an office / chill out room so the thought of spending £30k+ vs £5k was a no brainer.

Soldato
Stair gates :rolleyes:

£20 for two on FB Marketplace. DIY-gods forgive me for I have sinned a couple of times fitting these...

ucUsq6E_d.webp

oHmgrMd_d.webp

^ This one needed a noggin on the wall to get it low enough that it would work.

I live in a house that has been owned by around 6 FTB/new baby couples in the last 15 years or so; so the wall/banister has about 50 holes from the various gates that have been fitted. Sods law none of them lined up to the one I have :rolleyes::p Definitely on the list to pull the rawlplugs out :)rolleyes:) and fill properly before a proper coat of paint.

Associate
Filled boot. Went to tip. Had to book a slot yesterday. Worrying moments as guy on gate checked his clipboard.

This was me yesterday, booked a slot, registered the plate. Only my car does not fit much stuff in, so roped my Dad to come over and we went over.

Back to the recyclers, pulling up and the guy checking his clipboard against a different car - you could see it on the guy's face (was waiting for the hounds). They take it seriously to be fair. I had a chat to explain and they were fine. :)

Back to topic, clearing my garage was satisfying. Now its lovely and tidy. Moved in Nov 2019 and ended up dumping all sorts of stuff in the garage. Massive clear out and I can now fit my car in!

Associate
I love the ever so brief feeling of a tidy shed. I've been off this week and it was on my list of 'To Do's', but I haven't got around to it. I did clear a little space in the entrance thanks to my tip run the other day, so at least it makes it easier for my son to get his bike out in the morning.

Yesterday I finally got around to splitting quite a lot of wood, mostly old fence panels (from my neighbour) that have been just laying around for months and placing it in my wood shed. The amount of space that freed up was impressive and the dog did comment so. :)

It's now Friday and I'm thinking back to Monday when I thought, 'Bet this week goes quick...' :( Why do work-weeks never go so quickly?

Soldato
I'm going to have to bow out, I paid a workman to fit some fascias and lights:cry:. Those led striplights are awesome though, 3 of them make the garage look like daylight.

Associate
Extended my ACO drains, got to bring out the big boy toys (grinder+SDS drill to chisel) - done over a week as once dug out the water found its way in and was way too wet to concrete.

Just need to grout and then sort out the surface rusting which is causing the brown tinge!

jAMjOtF.jpg

B34472j.jpg

Soldato
Painted (or started to before hail stopped play) the new lean to greenhouse before we out it together / up.

IMG-20210410-145645.jpg

IMG-20210410-145643.jpg

Also cleared the old utility room which, over the last 18 months has become a dumping ground for anything which doesn't have a home .... Needs clearing as the brickwork starts on the kitchen extension next week and they will be breaking though at some point.

Caporegime
Painted some more of the fence, will post when it's all done.

Also overseeded some areas of the lawn and built them up a bit....and remove several full sized rocks from the lawn i.e. brick sized stones.

Soldato
Future planning here, anybody built a shed on a slope using ground screws?
Difficult garden for access, it's not a really steep slope but leveling will still be a pain, and possible some big roots to remove.

Associate
Put together the charcoal and gas BBQ bought after getting in on the hype of a HotUKdeals thread. Nearly 4 hours later and plenty of sheet metal cuts to the fingers and it's built... Just in time for the dark. I'm sure it'll be amazing when this arctic chill disappears.

Back
Top Bottom