Lease deals are poor at the moment

Caporegime
If you arent particularly bothered what you get there are always some good deals around. I always remember the Mini Cooper D Ice Chill Pack, a £24k car for £179 per month for 2 years and 10k miles per annum with 6 months up front so £5,370 total. That was cheap motoring for 2 years.

Doubt you would even need any tyres or brake pads depending on how you drive.

And I was tempted when the new model A8 was coming out and Audi dropped the lease price on the old model by 50%. You could have leased a £80k car for £400 per month for 3 years so £15,200.

Soldato
I also notice the polestar 2 has gone up £188 per month since November! :eek: They were a steal at just over £400 per month for 10k per annum.

Guess thats due to demand.
The P2 was never £400 per month, unless you're dropping a £10k initial payment.
The recent increase has been due to the removal of the £3k grant on EV's over £35k. It will probably come down once the finance experts re-calculate the depreciation, so you're not paying the full £3k increase over the lease term.

Soldato
I noticed this when I was looking late last year

Luckily there were good deals for company drivers for BEV's so I switched from a PCH to a BCH and got a Polestar 2.

Gone are the days you could get a new Golf R for £200 a month!

Was that a thing then? £200 a month for a brand new Golf R? No catch? What would you pay today then?

Caporegime
The recent increase has been due to the removal of the £3k grant on EV's over £35k. It will probably come down once the finance experts re-calculate the depreciation, so you're not paying the full £3k increase over the lease term.

It was about £425 with 3 months upfront with one specific broker in October.

Business Contract Hire only though.

Caporegime

Yeah that was with the default 9 months up front as I never reset it from default. Point is even if you put it to a sensible 3 months up front on a 3 year deal, the increase is still noticeable and even worse!

Oct 2020 it was £497 per month (personal lease so £414 on business lease plus vat) and today its £728 per month so £231 per month more money. Thats more than £3k grant removal going on as the lease cost has gone up £8,778 over the whole term.

https://www.leaseloco.com/car-leasi...h-dual-motor-5dr-4wd-auto/16698/2-36-8000-3-0

That can only be due to demand and the point still stands that a car people are obviously still leasing today for £728 per month could have been had sub £500 a few months ago.

EDIT same on the business lease.

For 2 months it was available with 3 months up front for £400 plus vat and is now £607 plus vat

Thats an £7,866 plus vat increase.

https://www.leaseloco.com/car-leasi...h-dual-motor-5dr-4wd-auto/16698/1-36-8000-3-0

Last edited:
Soldato
True but either way its gone up my more than £230 per month in a few months. Thats just demand and makes anybody ordering one back in Oct for £400 p/m or £480 p/m a bargain compared with what people are having to pay now.
I ordered mine on 7th Sept and was pretty much that price (£480) before I added the wheel upgrade.

Caporegime
The Golf R price was pretty much down to an accounting error and the residual value being over estimated.

To be fair it was only £300 per month at beginning of January which seemed good value as thats only £11,400 over the 3 year term. I still think it isnt bad value at £400 per month now.

Can't type for toffee
Don
I was so close to leasing my kodiaq but as soon as you add on the extras the price goes mental. The couple of places I was looking were pretty much charging you the cost of the extras in full across your lease term with nothing taken into account for the vehicle being worth anything different that the boggo spec come the end of the lease.

Got a canny discount and a dealer contribution so decided to buy outright

Caporegime
I was so close to leasing my kodiaq but as soon as you add on the extras the price goes mental. The couple of places I was looking were pretty much charging you the cost of the extras in full across your lease term with nothing taken into account for the vehicle being worth anything different that the boggo spec come the end of the lease.

Got a canny discount and a dealer contribution so decided to buy outright

That can quite often be the downfall of some lease companies. For some options its probably perfectly valid. For other things its not.

I remember with my VW Touareg when I was speccing that up. Some options were the full 100% cost over the term (tow bar) and some were 50% (winter pack) as obviously they added to the residual value at the end.

There are some anomalies as well. I always remember pricing up a BMW 3 series MSport and the monthly lease cost was less if you selected pro nav and metallic paint as the awful standard nav and solid paint was so detrimental to the residual value of the car after 3 years.

Soldato
I've got a Leon FR on lease currently like you OP.

The new Skoda Octavia and Leon FR don't seem too badly priced imo but both come standard with god awful alloy wheels and the lower power engines.

I found there was a flood of Leon FR's the other month but they have the 17" alloys and 135bhp engine, if you are happy with both then they were available for a pretty good price.

If you want the Leon to look sporty you need to up the spec to the Leon FR Sport for the nicer 18" alloys and some other standard kit but once again all the ones in stock and on a "deal" were the 135bhp model.

The new Octavia was a decent price as well but once again those alloys!

I've personally gone for a new shape Octavia VRS that was in stock and pick it up next week. It's not the best deal out there by any stretch, but I wanted it and the Mrs is happy with it.

It's been doing my head in over the last couple of months trying to find something.

Back
Top Bottom