Prince Philip has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You have to laugh at some of the bleeding hearts in this thread. Particularly when you consider the fact that given the Duke's philandering past and general odious nature, even The Queen herself is unlikely to be to overly upset about this. She may have referred to him in public as her "rock" but in reality, he was far from a loving and faithful husband.

Phil just said whatever was on his mind, we need more people like that.

taB

taB

Associate
My great grand parents were married for a similar amount of time. Him having survived mustard gas and being a pow in WW1. I can't help but be sad about this as I know my GGM declined rapidly and passed away a couple of months after her husband of 76 years.

For those crying racist, etc. have a look at Barack Obama's statement; it's full of warmth and admiration.

Man of Honour
It does make you feel a bit more compassionate towards the Queen... I guess we all sympathise with loss and being lonely, which is something that affects us all.

Associate
Sad for the Queen and family and all that - but the BBC is acting like its 1950 or something - is it really necessary to have 2 channels playing his obituary non-stop.

Most of us didnt know him personally so all this national mourning stuff is just ridiculous and of course now we have all the numpties standing outside Buckingham Palace handing out flowers and Covid.

I shudder to think what it will be like when her Maj kicks it.

Caporegime
Sad for the Queen and family and all that - but the BBC is acting like its 1950 or something - is it really necessary to have 2 channels playing his obituary non-stop.

Most of us didnt know him personally so all this national mourning stuff is just ridiculous and of course now we have all the numpties standing outside Buckingham Palace handing out flowers and Covid.

We’ve also about another 200 TV channels these days, so it’s not really a problem.

Associate

I remember it being worse when Diana died, hell we didn't even have Netflix back then :D

Soldato
Every radio station was playing depressing music all day as well lol

I don't think he'd want the whole country being depressed.

Soldato
Not sure we need the same thing on multiple channels though...

70 odd years serving the nation and a couple of hours across two channels seems over the top? Standard programming will resume and everyone can go back to watching the drivel that would otherwise be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom