2021 iPad Mini 6

Soldato
I’m thinking the iPad Air is the one to go for as it stands - can’t see the benefit of paying more for the Pro. We’ve had 2 minis in the past and they were out of date shockingly quickly.

Soldato
I agree about going for the Air over the Pro - I had both and stuck with the Air. That being said I do think the Air was priced slightly too high for what you get. I think around £529 would have been a fair price.
Although I still paid RRP (flogged a few bit and pieces on eBay to lessen the blow) and I don’t regret it.

Associate
OP
We’ve had 2 minis in the past and they were out of date shockingly quickly.

How come? Would a new mini not have the same processor as it’s larger siblings? (on year of launch and with the exception of the Pro).

Appreciate that the mini line may not be refreshed as often, so some buying it in subsequent years would have a lessor processor than the more frequently refreshed models.

Soldato
How come? Would a new mini not have the same processor as it’s larger siblings? (on year of launch and with the exception of the Pro).

Appreciate that the mini line may not be refreshed as often, so some buying it in subsequent years would have a lessor processor than the more frequently refreshed models.

Perhaps the new one would be different, but the first and second generation minis that we had, whilst the perfect size, seemed almost hobbled from the outset. The rest of the range accelerated and the mini was left behind which meant very poor performance as iOS became more and more bloated requiring faster hardware.

A subjective view of course!

Associate
I have a Mini 5 and had a Mini 4 previously which my wife now has, we just prefer the size as they are mostly used for reading and YouTube etc.
I’d be up for a Mini 6 Pro with a full-fat M1 chip and mini led screen.

Associate
I have a Mini 5 and had a Mini 4 previously which my wife now has, we just prefer the size as they are mostly used for reading and YouTube etc.
I’d be up for a Mini 6 Pro with a full-fat M1 chip and mini led screen.

I'd love an iPad Mini Pro, even just for the 4 speakers!...Not convinced it will ever happen though sadly. I certainly wouldn't see them putting the XDR screen in considering the 11" Pro's don't have it.

Back
Top Bottom