Marvel Studios: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Soldato
Liking this even more than Wandavision.

Yeah feeling the same, although it's basically become the Winter Soldier show recently with Falcon effectively feeling like a sidekick in this episode as he's the "fish out of water" that being dragged around by those who know more than him. I quite like the Bucky story so I'm enjoying seeing him more front and centre but I hope Marvel don't keep Falcon in the background too much longer as we only have 3 episode left.

Associate
Yeah feeling the same, although it's basically become the Winter Soldier show recently with Falcon effectively feeling like a sidekick in this episode as he's the "fish out of water" that being dragged around by those who know more than him. I quite like the Bucky story so I'm enjoying seeing him more front and centre but I hope Marvel don't keep Falcon in the background too much longer as we only have 3 episode left.
Thinking he will come to the fore to take the mantel from John Walker

Associate
So is this new CA a super soldier too?

Nope.

It does look like they are building up the young avengers in these tv shows. Patriot in this show, Wiccan and Speed in Wanda Vision, Kate Bishop in the Hawkeye series and Chavez in the Doctor Strange Multiverse and Cassie Lang of course already in with Ant-Man.

Soldato
But he was quite able to jump on trucks with ease, he was super fast in the video playback and able to bounce the shield around like it was a Frisbee. What's the deal there then. Am I to believe it because he tested well?

Soldato
Throwing a shield doesn't require superhuman strength. The bouncing it around disobeys the laws of physics (because...it's a comic) regardless of your strength.

Yeap, the pre-release trailers show Falcon practising throwing the shield around his backyard and catching it when it bounces back and we know he's not a super soldier.

Soldato
I feel this is setting up for both Cap V2 and Falcon getting a super soldier serum, one goes off the rails, the other must take the shield back.
Almost certainly, in Cap 1 the doctor mentioned the serum enhanced not only the body but the persons character. Hence his choice of Steve over better soldiers. No doubt Cap2 will have other character traits emphasized that make Sam a better person to be Captain America.

Soldato
Ep4 - Blah blah Supremacy this and blah blah Corporations that - such a god-awful "hidden message" in the script distracting from the pretty good overall storyline so far, well until this episode where the "big shock" was wasted if you had an actual working brain, as you could work out what would happen a mile away it was that obvious. So sadly a pretty large drop in script/story quality for me, even if the action was really quite good in this episode.

Soldato
I thought episode 4 was much stronger than episode 3.

Maybe it's just that I didn't know where Ep3 was going, was surprised through-out when things happened (Sharon etc) and at the end I really wanted to know more about the story as I couldn't accurately guess where the story might go. In comparison by the end of Ep4 I'm 95% sure I now know what'll happen in the last two Ep's, I guessed virtually all the major things that would happen in Ep4 way before they happened, even down guessing how the Wakanda "issues" would playout with the new characters etc.

To me at least Ep4 just seemed to have some far more simple "by the book" screen-writing compared to Ep3, with the end of Ep4 seeming to virtually guarantee how the season is going to end, although I'd love to be wrong!

Soldato
Gave up on this show already. The whole family are big MCU fans and loved WandaVision to bits. We're all just bored senseless by this show. I just don't care about either of the characters and they seem to have zero chemistry. Bring on Loki !!!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I thought episode 4 was much stronger than episode 3.

Couldn't agree more. Much more like and feel from the Winter Soldier movie. Personally find Bucky way more interesting than Sam. Falcon been a sidekick of sorts so shifting him to be the main protagonist feels very forced. I know what's meant to eventually happen but doesn't mean its necessarily a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom