One Plus 9

Soldato
So far so good.

Battery doesn't seem brilliant but it's good enough for me at the moment, I'm working from home though so chargers are readily available. Unsure how it would perform on a full day out yet.

Camera is excellent, the WA is fantastic and makes such a difference. (I'm upgrading from a P20 Pro)

One issue I have which I would imagine is app based, is with Google Photos. Everytime it gives me a notificaiton of "This day one year ago" for example, if I click the notification (or the widget inside the app) it gives me a black screen and takes a good few minutes to load sometimes. Hoping they fix this in an update soon as I use Google Photos daily.

Screen is brilliant. I haven't looked into the adaptive refresh yet so unsure if this can be configured or is just automatic?

Charging is ridiculously fast!! Even wireless with the bundled wireless charger, SO quick.

I'm pleased with it. Not too big and not heavy. Marginally smaller than the OT's Note 20 Ultra to compare.

Haven't bothered with a case (it comes with one) and it came with a screen protector too so happy with that.

Suspended
Not interested in anything with a punch hole or notch, no go for me.

I'll probably end going with one of the huge gaming phones at this rate. :D

Soldato
I love my 7pro notch/punch hole free screen. Main reason I bought it. Will hang onto it until another phone with similar screen is released I think.

The new 9 looks decent if incremental. Price is crazy now though. Going the way of Samsung :(

Looks like my next phone will be a different brand.

Soldato
You want premium you pay premium. The lower you go the more corners get cut.
Particularly in the software department I feel now. Most devices have converged in a hardware sense (give or take). The real differentiator that sets the excellent from the meh is software package and optimisation.
I feel this is where the more budget orientated manufacturers fall away.

Soldato
Particularly in the software department I feel now. Most devices have converged in a hardware sense (give or take). The real differentiator that sets the excellent from the meh is software package and optimisation.
I feel this is where the more budget orientated manufacturers fall away.
Yup. i am a software developer for android devices actually and you do get what you pay for in terms of how much salary/rate you give a developer and how much time you give for a developer to actually write good code

Soldato
Do you think OnePlus are ahead on the software front to the point where the premium price is justified?
Not anymore. Used to be now it's very much as buggy and often as slow as competition.

Up to 7t it was alright, my 8t is buggy and goes into meltdown daily often requiring restarts or just chewing through its battery for no reason. Think it's my last OnePlus. Especially for the price they charge now.

Soldato
Not anymore. Used to be now it's very much as buggy and often as slow as competition.

Up to 7t it was alright, my 8t is buggy and goes into meltdown daily often requiring restarts or just chewing through its battery for no reason. Think it's my last OnePlus. Especially for the price they charge now.
i have a 6t and its been rock solid, good to know that there software is crap now so for me its the m11 ultra or the s21 ultra

Soldato
Think it's my last OnePlus. Especially for the price they charge now.
Their customer service (or lack thereof) was the final straw for me. I had a few issues early doors with my 7T Pro and it was just a nightmare to get them to even look at it let alone accept responsibility. I was initially within my returns window as well and even trying to go down that path was a day's work.

Back
Top Bottom