Race report: 'UK not deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities'

Caporegime
The biggest people kicking up a fuss about this report seem to be black and ethnic minority Labour MP's all it does is alienate their core voters northerners who like their country are sick of it getting bad mouthed hence why Labour lost a lot of the white working class vote.
Labour are a complete joke and I certainly won't be voting for them again soon. But yeah, a fair few of their MPs seem to have whole-heartedly embraced identity politics and the discrimination olympics. Although I'm no friend of the Tories, I can't see Labour doing anything other than forcing more and more of this nonsense on us all.

Caporegime
Appoint someone that already holds the view that minorities (mainly black) are holding them self back and boom.
Nobody is saying blacks are holding themselves back.

What people here are saying is that poor, black people are probably suffering from the same root causes as other people who aren't doing very well. Including poor, white people.

I.e. being poor and black doesn't necessarily mean you're suffering because you're black.

You're putting words in other people's mouths by saying that, "black people are holding themselves back."

Soldato
Nobody is saying blacks are holding themselves back.

What people here are saying is that poor, black people are probably suffering from the same root causes as other people who aren't doing very well. Including poor, white people.

I.e. being poor and black doesn't necessarily mean you're suffering because you're black.

You're putting words in other people's mouths by saying that, "black people are holding themselves back."
You need to read up on Tony Sewell and Munira Mirza.
More than racism, I now firmly believe that the main problem holding back black boys academically is their over-feminised upbringing.

Associate
That black lad that died in Epping forest im just looking at the twitter responses full of black people claiming that if he had been white and middle class the police would have saved him yawn its getting boring now some people just love being victims

Soldato
You need to read up on Tony Sewell and Munira Mirza.

Tony it's a demonstrable fact that children, of all colours, brought up in single parent families (which are mostly headed up by a female), on average, have far worse outcomes.

I don't know why you think Sewell's comments over a decade ago were wrong then or wrong now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I believe you're meant to be offended at the use of the word feminised as the uncommon description of a family without a father or other male authority figure.

Actually on that matter of male figures since it's not being taken anywhere by the person bringing it up...

I was recently looking at some numbers for male teachers and they're ****. It gets brought up in publications every single year without fail, complete with warnings that it's not beneficial for children yet will probably continue like that for the foreseeable future.

3% presence in "early years" (nurseries?) (guardian! but it links to a less opinionated article)
14% in primary school
36% in secondary school (same link as above)

Second link includes a report into the trends of male teacher numbers for young children: clicky

The same report links a older report which shows men are more attracted to senior positions (further from the pupils?) at the reported teaching levels, eventually outnumbering women in deputy and head teacher roles by secondary school.

The brief report blames real wages declining but obviously this has gone on for a long time and this far more in depth report, from a totally different country and over a decade ago should ring a lot of bells as it goes through reasons men do not want to be around young children: [long link] and it doesn't even bring up wages.

Given that almost no one will read it (how many people in this thread read the report this thread is about?:p) I'll provide a brief list of issues mentioned: homophobia, femiphobia, misogyny and paedophilia. For better context of course the report says considerably more.

That report also talks about issues around making claims on the value of a male figure and that it can be interpreted as an attack on women for being deficient. In this case it's focused on teaching but I heard the same sentiment from Tom Sewell about parents.

At any rate that report can crudely be summed up by me as society (not the professional side of the workplace) making the job enormously unattractive to male applicants. I really don't think the wages are so bad that they're only fit for women ;)

This is obviously a complex issue existing for a long time and it really is an enormous sexual discrepancy the younger the pupils are.

How does that better tie in to the thread though.

It's a demonstration of enormous disparity in a protected category despite it being a public funded role and a regularly examined issue globally.

But without thorough examination of every single scenario, grabbing discrepant numbers and waving them as an accusation is technically worthless yet it has effect when the government is leaning that way. Meanwhile artificially adjusting numbers to get loud but shallow activists to shut up and to avoid government attention is an easy lie compared to the perhaps impossible task of achieving the numbers honestly. (In the example of male teachers, who's about to change the way society thinks of male teachers of young children).

If the report has enough merit to identify and shoot down a false belief of institutional racism in the uk and thus delete or diminish it from the governments agenda it will take other lies with it. If it doesn't have enough merit then so be it.

Soldato
I believe you're meant to be offended at the use of the word feminised as the uncommon description of a family without a father or other male authority figure.

I did think that's what he was on about.

I don't know how else you would describe the effect of a boy being raised without any significant adult male involvement however!

Soldato
Peoples careers rely on that report being discredited. The grift must go on.
At the same time. Peoples careers rely on that report. The grift must go on.

It certainly was a missed opportunity to try to heal some rifts after some really stupid moments from the Tories over the last 11 years. Such a waste and we are just going backwards now.

Im not sure if it was malicious or not but the report is basicaly a repeat of what the main three people at the head of the report have been saying and writing in mainly right wing media for the last god knows how many years. It has just fueled not only those looking for racial intentions but also racial tension.

Soldato

It certainly was a missed opportunity to try to heal some rifts after some really stupid moments from the Tories over the last 11 years. Such a waste and we are just going backwards now.

Im not sure if it was malicious or not but the report is basicaly a repeat of what the main three people at the head of the report have been saying and writing in mainly right wing media for the last god knows how many years. It has just fueled not only those looking for racial intentions but also racial tension.
I expect your idea of healing the country would be for the findings to just say how terrible we all are. I don't think that's good for anyone. You clearly see everything through the lens of race and people have tried repeatedly to reason with you so I won't waste any more of my time.

Soldato
They have created an army of useful idiots to make them rich. They know it's BS really, but they are making too much money now.

Soldato
I expect your idea of healing the country would be for the findings to just say how terrible we all are. I don't think that's good for anyone. You clearly see everything through the lens of race and people have tried repeatedly to reason with you so I won't waste any more of my time.
No I dont. I think things were getting a lot better just before the 'Go home vans' incident and got even worse around the EU referendum campaign if Im honest.

I do agree with a lot of what the report says because some of it is obvious but it sort of went out of its remit for those things. We aleady knew poor areas/schools/services are underfunded and have been for decades. The slavery bit was not welcome.

Soldato

What good points did you think the report made? Were there any recommendations do you think are worthwhile?

I read it and thought it made some decent recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom