Did Brexit kill AlieExpress?

Soldato
I bet Mogg pays more tax than you do. You do know that collectively the richest pay the most tax, don't you? The top 1% account for more than a third of all income tax.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-income-tax-revenues-institute-fiscal-studies

This is a big-ticket item.

as a proportion of income I bet he doesn't. That's what I am talking about, not absolute figures, but % based on earnings. There is no way on earth that the proportion of tax someone like JRM pays compared to a standard PAYE employee is even remotely the same. The wealthy may have a "large ammount" but as a % of overall wealth it's peanuts and usually no where near what they should actuall ybe paying.

Permabanned
So what? He's still paying a lot more tax than you.

Because he has more money. How lucky i am this guy has so much money he can pay so much tax and therefor i benefit. But i would benefit more if the wealth was distributed evenly and therefor we could all pay more tax.

You made a rich mans arguement on a public forum, I hope for your sake you are one of these high income people otherwise you are posting against your own interests!

Soldato
I bet Mogg pays more tax than you do. You do know that collectively the richest pay the most tax, don't you? The top 1% account for more than a third of all income tax.

That's the top 1% by declared income, not necessarily the richest. I doubt Mogg is in there.

It seems he is very efficient with how much 'income' he actually takes
Rees-Mogg’s finances are complex – and a matter of public record. He owns a company called Saliston, established in 1995 to hold property that originally belonged to his father. These days Saliston also holds his stake in Somerset Capital Management, an emerging markets fund he co-founded in 2007.

Somerset is managed via subsidiaries in the tax havens of the Cayman Islands and Singapore. There is nothing illegal about this and the MP has defended offshore tax havens.
Source

Permabanned
That's the top 1% by declared income, not necessarily the richest. I doubt Mogg is in there.

Source

Mogg is scum as far as i am concerned. But he is also intelligent so he makes a really good MP like Blackadder said about them.

Soldato
You made a rich mans arguement on a public forum,

And? I'm not afflicted by envy. He makes more than I do? Good for him. He still pays more tax than you. Likely more than you or I combined. Likely a LOT more tax.

At some point the money still has to come to him, and he can't disguise his parliamentary income.

Permabanned
How would you benefit, exactly?

By having a better life. I might adopt etc and generally live a less impactful life as i would have the cash. Everything Organic, The home super efficent etc. I could support my friends etc how do these people use the money? Putting it in an offshore account with Bentleys and Mansions?

What was that fact i heard, Is it true that something like 25% of the UK currency is not accounted for aka hidden somewhere unused? And the Dollar is supposed to be some crazy number like 60%.

Soldato
By having a better life. I might adopt etc and generally live a less impactful life as i would have the cash. Everything Organic, The home super efficent etc. I could support my friends etc
What makes you think you'd actually have the cash?
If rich people no longer have that money and everyone else has it instead, things will just end up costing more. You'll still be as proportionately penniless in the end, and the money you spend on all those things you'd buy would just go back into the pockets of the formerly rich people, making them once again rich.
Redistribution of wealth has been tried several times, and it always ended up with the rich people regaining that wealth, mainly because the poor people still spent it.

how do these people use the money? Putting it in an offshore account with Bentleys and Mansions?
They generally loan/invest it somewhere, which is what funds things like maintenance of the public clean water supply infrastructure, pension schemes and all that stuff.

What was that fact i heard, Is it true that something like 25% of the UK currency is not accounted for aka hidden somewhere unused?
If you mean actual currency, as in bank notes and coins, then quite possibly... but that will likely be a combination of withdrawn denominations and under-the-matress savings, both of which will be spread across the whole population and likely more common among lower and middle classes who don't trust banks for whatever reason, rather than the rich elite who are more likely to own the banks.

Soldato
*** 29 Days later ****

Who has received AlieEpress purchases made post Brexit any problems, is pre-payment working fine ?

Soldato
*** 29 Days later ****

Who has received AlieEpress purchases made post Brexit any problems, is pre-payment working fine ?

Made several business purchases pre and post Brexit. Still an average of 14 days from order to delivery and the only difference as far as I can tell is import tax is now automatically applied at checkout.

Soldato
*** 29 Days later ****

Yes i had some ESP boards come through yesterday that i had ordered maybe 7-10 days ago.

They're small so i'd pretty much suspect air freight rather than by sea.

No problems at customs borders it seems either, I did notice when buying them on the Aliexpress platform that they now add a tax charge on at the end.

Soldato
*** 29 Days later ****
Nope.
Mine were all shipped, but never left the country and have now been cancelled... but I have to wait the 40-60 day estimated shipping time before pursuing a refund, apparently.

Back
Top Bottom