• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon 6900 XT

Caporegime
I rang a competitor today to potentially rma my 6900xt for driver timeout issues.
For me it only happens when raytracing is enabled in modern warfare, cold War, dirt 5, and cyberpunk. Without rt enabled I don't have problems unless I heavily overclock. The guy on the phone said his 6800xt would do the same in metro exodus with raytracing so both him and I couldn't decide whether it was the driver or the card itself and I chose to not rma and keep testing.
I have a 850w platinum superflower psu and the card is a 3 pin red devil
@LtMatt
Gonna spend some time playing COD Black Ops and Dirt 5 today with RT Enabled using the 21.3.2 drivers which have support for Dirt 5 RT.

Will let you know how i get on.

Caporegime
I rang a competitor today to potentially rma my 6900xt for driver timeout issues.
For me it only happens when raytracing is enabled in modern warfare, cold War, dirt 5, and cyberpunk. Without rt enabled I don't have problems unless I heavily overclock. The guy on the phone said his 6800xt would do the same in metro exodus with raytracing so both him and I couldn't decide whether it was the driver or the card itself and I chose to not rma and keep testing.
I have a 850w platinum superflower psu and the card is a 3 pin red devil
@LtMatt
Gonna spend some time playing COD Black Ops and Dirt 5 today with RT Enabled using the 21.3.2 drivers which have support for Dirt 5 RT.

Will let you know how i get on.
Just spent an hour playing COD Black Ops with all RT options on and set to Medium. No crashes after 1 solid hour with my usual GPU overclock on, running at 2700Mhz 2100Mhz memory.

Couldn't tell the difference in image quality whether RT was on or off, but i did feel the missing FPS. Urgh.

Downloading Dirt 5, will try that out next. Will report back in a few hours once its downloaded.

Soldato
Just spent an hour playing COD Black Ops with all RT options on and set to Medium. No crashes after 1 solid hour with my usual GPU overclock on, running at 2700Mhz 2100Mhz memory.

Couldn't tell the difference in image quality whether RT was on or off, but i did feel the missing FPS. Urgh.

Downloading Dirt 5, will try that out next. Will report back in a few hours once its downloaded.
Is that 4k?

Soldato
So I updated to the latest GPU-Z which now his an indicator for resizable BAR and it shows I have it enabled. There is also a check in Device Manager where it shows "large memory" if it's enabled, I'm all good there too. I've still lost the performance though; back to bench scores of around 125 FPS in Valhalla at 1080p where I was getting 160 before when SAM was briefly working. I'm thinking it must be a Windows driver issue but I've just accepted I don't have it for now, don't know what else there is to try?

Associate
Things are a bit in flux at the moment, it's the same with HDR support and the new AutoHDR feature in Windows, things are breaking.
I'm putting in feedback for the windows team and the odd AMD driver bug report.

Caporegime

Dirt 5 with Ray Tracing enabled draws a lot of wattage. Far more than Red Dead, COD MW and Black Ops.

Had to dial back my core overclock by 25Mhz otherwise the game or driver would crash after a race or two.

Dirt 5 might be my new GPU test game based on the above.

Once i dialled back my overclock, I was able to play for an hour or so with no crashes. Also captured the footage above.

YouTube will convert it to 4K quality tomorrow i suspect.

So, no issues running Ray Tracing here, other than brought on by my own GPU overclock.

Associate
This might be the wrong place for this so please move/direct me if needed but at the same time I'm also fed up of trying to solve this now...
Is anyone else having issues with their 6900xt? I can barely get a full game of Warzone out of it before my PC crashes. From what i've read its down to the cards spiking and tripping out the PSU (my EVGA 850 G3 can't cope....) OR the drivers time out and cause it. Anyone else having the same sort of issues or know any fixes other than just buying a 1000w which seems to be the only thing.

Hey i only registered in this Forum because i also have Problems with a EVGA Supernova GA 850W and a 6900xt in Call of Duty Black ops and Most time in warzone .

It Just shut down randomly my Computer after a Period of time .

I got a replacement EVGA Supernova GA already but its the Same Error . I think this model cant handle the Power Spikes and maybe this is also the Problem in your G3 Model ?

If you Search for " EVGA Supernova 850 GA power supply recall?" You will find the thread in the evga Forum .

I ordered a be quiet 850w PSU and Hope the Problems are gone with it.

Its sad because i bought the evga PSU 5 months ago to be Safe for the Future

Associate
One of the reasons I usually go for a 1000W+. Even if you don't need it a) it's nice to have the reserve and coverage of spikes and b) the fan usually kicks on less or not at all.

Soldato
Hey i only registered in this Forum because i also have Problems with a EVGA Supernova GA 850W and a 6900xt in Call of Duty Black ops and Most time in warzone .

I got a replacement EVGA Supernova GA already but its the Same Error . I think this model cant handle the Power Spikes and maybe this is also the Problem in your G3 Model ?

If you Search for " EVGA Supernova 850 GA power supply recall?" You will find the thread in the evga Forum .

No problems here using an XFX 850 Gold rated PSU although I don't play any Call of Duty games. Overclocked system RAM can also be the cause of crashes in games, be worth setting your RAM down to 2133 or 2400 Mhz and see if you are still getting problems so you can rule that out.

Associate
No problems here using an XFX 850 Gold rated PSU although I don't play any Call of Duty games. Overclocked system RAM can also be the cause of crashes in games, be worth setting your RAM down to 2133 or 2400 Mhz and see if you are still getting problems so you can rule that out.

Ram is Not overclocked i have a 3600mhz Ram which runs at 3600

I Sold a old be quiet dark Power Pro 10 850 Watt for Change to the New evga . Because it was 7 years old .

Im Hope the new be quiet will fix the Problem because you also can read from a Lot Problems with the evga psu and 3090 Cards .

Soldato
Ram is Not overclocked i have a 3600mhz Ram which runs at 3600

I Sold a old be quiet dark Power Pro 10 850 Watt for Change to the New evga . Because it was 7 years old .

Im Hope the new be quiet will fix the Problem because you also can read from a Lot Problems with the evga psu and 3090 Cards .
It should be ok then although it isn't unheard of for RAM to be unstable in certain situations even when using the default XMP / DCOP profile supplied with the sticks. Perhaps just worth keeping in mind as something to try if the new PSU doesn't fix your problems. Hope you get it sorted.

Associate
So i just picked up a 6900 xt Red Devil, (non-Ultimate) version, and I will update you guys my experience with the card. My set up is a 5900x on a x570 aorus master with a 850w psu from seasonic gold. Ill post pictures if im able to in many different scenarios other than posting hearsay. Just to remind you guys, the recommended wattage minimum is so compensate for people's systems that are pulling abnormal amount of power and thus not just a typical system that many of us out there have.

Caporegime
So i just picked up a 6900 xt Red Devil, (non-Ultimate) version, and I will update you guys my experience with the card. My set up is a 5900x on a x570 aorus master with a 850w psu from seasonic gold. Ill post pictures if im able to in many different scenarios other than posting hearsay. Just to remind you guys, the recommended wattage minimum is so compensate for people's systems that are pulling abnormal amount of power and thus not just a typical system that many of us out there have.
I recommend posting this in the 6900 XT owners thread instead. :)

Associate

Hope your issue was resolved. I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a very minor undervolt on the CPU.

Back
Top Bottom