Prince Philip has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, maybe because we have the intelligence to decide that the way one country does things is moronic and then not do that?

We've already done this with the monarchy for the most part, but clearly it's not enough if certain individuals continue to waltz around the place like there's zero consequences for bringing disrepute upon the government and the country.
Which countries do you think are full of stupid people that caused their problems, of which we some how won't make similar mistakes?

What consequences are those? You obviously have someone in mind, so who are you talking about when you say waltzes around, and what consequences on the government?

And this waltzing is enough to mean we no longer need?

Caporegime
Which countries do you think are full of stupid people that caused their problems, of which we some how won't make similar mistakes?

What consequences are those? You obviously have someone in mind, so who are you talking about when you say waltzes around, and what consequences on the government?

And this waltzing is enough to mean we no longer need?

Well you've already listed a couple, don't see the need in expanding it and I've argued for possible consequences in the previous post. I think it's obvious that I refer to Prince Andrew, but the Queen (for lobbying the legislature since it's not immediately apparent) and Diana also come to mind. Goodness knows what else has being going on as the state has the perverse incentive to keep it obscure, not a healthy situation for any democracy no matter how much good they do.

It's also not a matter of need, we don't need them and never have, it's always been a matter of tolerance. For the moment the country tolerates the monarchy's place in government and I'm fine with that. I just think that regardless of the status of the monarchy, there ought to be stricter rules surrounding their behaviour as they don't have the arbiter of the electorate to contend with regularly. I don't think it's an unreasonable request that there be more accountability throughout our government.

Soldato
Well I for one can't wait until the royal family becomes woke to stay relevant.
Define woke. Everyone has their own view it seems. As for relevance, the better part of the country does not define itself as woke and remains relevant to daily life so why should they?

The royal family represents continuity and whilst over large in my opinion it should carry on doing so.

Soldato

Well, they tried it by welcoming Megan with open arms (And they did before you came back with any pithy comeback) and she repaid them by being a manipulative gaslighter and **** on everyone's cornflakes. As usual going woke is a mistake and they won't be making that one again in our lifetimes.

Soldato
Hardly surprising they had been rolling the same news for 9+ hours.
Id have thought a lot of the 'royalist' types dont watch lefty woke terrestrial TV anyway and certainly dont have a TV license to be legaly entitled to watch it from what I can tell. Unless they are the same people that say pirating stuff is okay and dont really care whether they pay for their **** like real law abiding citizens do.

That could be the reason for the fall in viewer numbers. Some of the nationalist here must be gutted they couldnt watch 9 hrs of the same stuff. The only thing that really bothers me is not being able to watch Have I got news for you. I need woke fuel just to keep me at the right level of angry and happy sometimes.
Well, they tried it by welcoming Megan with open arms (And they did before you came back with any pithy comeback) and she repaid them by being a manipulative gaslighter and **** on everyone's cornflakes. As usual going woke is a mistake and they won't be making that one again in our lifetimes.
Thats the spirit. **** off a royal why dont you.

Its like what Harry said after they took his security away. "I was born into this I didnt ask for it"

I have to say the difference between him wearing a Nazi uniform to a party and him calling his squad mate the P word and everyone said he was just boisterous are now going crazy about him being 'woke' is comical.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else sick of hearing about this now, Yes its sad he's died BUT people die everyday. Time to move on!..i bet the news will drag this out for a good 2 weeks :D then a further 2 weeks going on about his funeral.

Soldato

Remaining mostly apolitical ( at least in public) is one of the main reason the royalty under Elizabeth the Second has endured.

I hold far less hope that her eldest son and his sucessors will manage to navigate the tricky path of being a Monarch in today's and tomorrow's world.

A 'woke' monarch would likely be the last of their line in the UK in my view.

I would put reforming the House of Lords above the Royal Family, personally.

Indeed. This is far more important.

Lol

Anyone else sick of hearing about this now, Yes its sad he's died BUT people die everyday. Time to move on!..i bet the news will drag this out for a good 2 weeks :D then a further 2 weeks going on about his funeral.

Honestly try looking else where. Don't want to sound insulting you, but honestly this is the only place I'm hearing about this.

It's not on Netflix, Disney, amazon prime, YouTube, twitch, xbox, pc games. Try other media. Given it happened yesterday my man what are you expecting?

Soldato
Even the crown estate website makes it clear that the crown estate is not the private property of the monarch, and for very obvious reason, so why do you think this?

George III's agreement with the Government over the estate allowed for it to be managed on behalf of the Government with the surplus revenue going to the Treasury, in return the monarch would receive a fixed annual payment. I would think as soon as this ended then ownership will revert back to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom