Plane Spotters / Flight Radar Thread

Man of Honour
Can anyone recommened a decent dump1090 amd x64 docker images? I'm going to give this one a try - https://github.com/jeanralphaviles/dump1090-docker but if there are better ones out there please let me know.

Long term plan is to get a raspberry pi into the loft which should have a great view. I'm near shuttleworth in Bedfordshire, I hope to get some classic planes assuming they fit transponders to those things?
A lot of vintage aircraft have limited or no electric supply and hence don’t operate a transponder. Some have been retrofitted though and you’ll pick them up via MLAT. There are an abundance of portable battery powered ADS-B transmitters entering the market so the proportion of aircraft capable of electronic emission should hopefully increase.

Permabanned
hawkvalley.png

Last edited:
Soldato
The next step is to get myself a filter (I've got a rtl_sdr stick) but I'm wondering if it would be better just to buy one of the flightaware branded usb sticks, which have filters built in and costs only £6.5 more. That would mean I'll end up with an extra stick for other projects. If the flightaware sticks give similar performance then it's a no brainer.

Associate
Currently three American Boeing Stratotanker off Cornwall coast 1k diff in height, 26k, 27k and 28k. Wondering if some fighters are enroute in prep for the Ukraine Russian tensions?

Seems to be a lot of military activity over the past week. Had an Apache fly over the house the other day of all things!

Had Pumas, Wildcats and Chinooks in and out of work. Last few days we’ve had a pair of Apaches doing the rounds. A400M and C17 have been about. There was a Eurofighter that did a touch and go. Defo something happening

Soldato
Global Hawk is on radar having just come back from Ukraine.

vmgB3Yh.jpg

Had Pumas, Wildcats and Chinooks in and out of work. Last few days we’ve had a pair of Apaches doing the rounds. A400M and C17 have been about. There was a Eurofighter that did a touch and go. Defo something happening
Where abouts? The A400M is always flying in and out of Brize.

Last edited:
Associate
Currently three American Boeing Stratotanker off Cornwall coast 1k diff in height, 26k, 27k and 28k. Wondering if some fighters are enroute in prep for the Ukraine Russian tensions?

Isn’t there a fairly sizeable US / European joint exercise going on at the moment?

Back
Top Bottom